“Great B&B, thank you”
Review of Sun Inn

Sun Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frome
Sun Inn
Ranked #32 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 25, 2012

we really enjoyed our stay at the Sun Inn. The staff are welcoming and friendly and we had the nicest breakfast ever - absolutely gorgeous. I had been very worried about some of the reviews I read on tripadvisor, but either things have changed a great deal or someone is expecting a 5 star hotel. My daughter and I had a single room each and shared the common bathroom - only £35 each room which is a real bargain considering the size of the rooms and the comfort of the beds. Plenty of TV channels (freesat or similar), the beds were really comfortable and the rooms were all clean. There is some late night noise, but only to be expected as it is an inn above a lively pub and this was Friday night. There is no parking available, but I naturally didnt expect this given the price so I checked when I made my booking. There is parking in residents area a 5 minute walk away. Good luck to the owners, we would definately recommend and return if we are in the area.

Room Tip: Be aware that this is an inn so there may be some late night noise on Friday or Saturday night, but...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank julietdawn
There are newer reviews for Sun Inn

Reviewed March 27, 2012

After spending best part 40 minutes parking and then having to walk back with our cases we walk in to a dark and dirty looking bar, there was a little boy running around and going behind the bar that almost knocked us over. After standing for what seem to be forever a women walked over and said have you booked we are busy in the most off putting way, I told her we had a en suit room for a night booked, she showed us to our room. As we followed we had to go up some stairs the carpets was so dirty and there was a horrible smell. On entering the room we found the room was no better than the stairs the bedding looked worn and dirty and there was a horrible smell of drains and smoke in the room that was ment to be a non smoking room but apart from that we found the en suit was down the corridor not even in the room( first en suite I have seen like this). When using the en suite later I found there was a over powering smell of drains and the loo was dirty and the shower would not drain away due to all the hair in the plug . I have never stayed some where as bad as this, to make matters worse you are woken up at 6.15 by I think the same little boy in the bar on arivel running about on a noise floor above not that we got much sleep due to the noise from the bar and the fact how dirty and stained the sheets on the bed are. The breakfast the next morning was ok but cold along with the tea. After leaving we both said never again , so if your looking for some where to stay in frome don't stay at the sun inn I would rather stay in the car!!

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank John6748
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Not sure why everyone has such a bad opinion on this place, I have stayed here a couple of times now and have always found the staff pleasant and helpful. Seems to me that people reviewing on here seem to expect the ritz hotel rather than a b & b and they are way too harsh! The rooms are a good standard, breakfast is nice and filling and the location is good. To me it is exactly what I would expect for a b & b and I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank nicki2610
Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night. The room was clean and comfortable. Yes there was some music noise from the pub downstairs, but it didnt stop me sleeping and stopped when the pub closed at 12. Breakfast wasn't fantastic but edible.
Maybe not somewhere you'd stay if you wanted a romantic weekend or with a family, however was fine for a few nights.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Philippa D
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My wife and I travelled stayed here for a short break for our wedding anniversary. Searched the internet for affordable, quirky accomodation in the Bath area, and from the internet sight the place looked good.

We arrived and entered into a dark, old fashioned pub, where we were told by a pub regular ' don't take too much notice of the pub, the rooms are top notch'. How very wrong the gentlemen, who was drinking a potent looking scrumpy was!!!

As we made our way from the bar to our room, the first thing we noticed was the filthy carpet in the hallways. You expect to see some dirt in common areas but what we saw was a but shocking to be honest. We hoped our room would be in better condition. When we were shown our room, which was the one from the website, my heart sank. The landlord was pleasant, but as he left us we looked around the room in horror.

The en-suite was dark, dirty and the sani-flo from the toilet was the loudest we've ever heard. The carpet was stained and dirty, the spare bedding was stained. The bed linen, although being clean was worn to the extent of it looking dirty. The tv and freeview box were covered in dust. The drains smelt foul when we used the shower, and there were other niggling issues too, but the music from the jukebox downstairs being played so loud that we could sing along to it, at 23:45 was the final straw!!

We made the landlord aware that we weren't satisfied with our stay when we checked out. Fortunately we only stayed 2 nights. Parking was a problem, as the nearest free overnight parking nearly 200 yards from the inn.

The breakfast was nice, although a menu would have been nice.

Overall, I would definately NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrmowgli
Reviewed November 5, 2009

When we pulled up we were shocked to find what looked like a horrible, dingy pub.

The street it is on is tiny , dark and there is no where to park. I went in to ask where to park and they were very unhelpful and just said wherever you can find a space. We couldn't find a space so they said we would have to pay to park in the public car park. When the room costs £65 a night and you are met with unhelpfulness and an unattractive looking place to stay, the thought of paying for parking is not good.

So we got back in the car and stayed at the hotel where we were going to a wedding at instead and it was much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

wel the first thing id like to mention is that this is listed as in bath on some websites, but its actually about a 17 mile drive.
The actual village is sooo small. the only decent place we could find to eat was a curry house.
all the pubs are more expensive then down this way ( essex ) at 2.90 a beer.
we did drive into bath and went to the pics and had a meal in wetherspoons, which was fantastic value.
its hard to park on a saturday though, we had to go back on the sunday. and expensive £5 for 4 hours.

the sun inn was very small, but had a nice stoked bar a pool table and a wide screen tele, usually you could ask them for a channel and they would change it over.

yes there is noise from the beer garden but then what do you expect staying in a pub?

the beer garden was nice, it did have tv but only saw that turned on once.

for the end of august it was rainy and very cold.

the pub does not serve any food apart from breakfast and as i said not many other places to eat.

the breakfast is lovely though, very large and filling.

after our stay we actually drove to bristol zoo which was a 25 mile drive. very nice place.

rooms were lovely. spacious and en suite.
the service was not great could not locate someone when we was about to leave to just left keys on the side.

overall a nice little place to relax,and id go back

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple