“Lovely b & b, friendly staff!”
Review of Sun Inn

Sun Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Frome
Sun Inn
Ranked #32 of 32 Frome B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Not sure why everyone has such a bad opinion on this place, I have stayed here a couple of times now and have always found the staff pleasant and helpful. Seems to me that people reviewing on here seem to expect the ritz hotel rather than a b & b and they are way too harsh! The rooms are a good standard, breakfast is nice and filling and the location is good. To me it is exactly what I would expect for a b & b and I would recommend it to anyone

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank nicki2610

Reviewed June 21, 2011

Stayed here on a Saturday night. The room was clean and comfortable. Yes there was some music noise from the pub downstairs, but it didnt stop me sleeping and stopped when the pub closed at 12. Breakfast wasn't fantastic but edible.
Maybe not somewhere you'd stay if you wanted a romantic weekend or with a family, however was fine for a few nights.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank Philippa D
Reviewed July 19, 2010

My wife and I travelled stayed here for a short break for our wedding anniversary. Searched the internet for affordable, quirky accomodation in the Bath area, and from the internet sight the place looked good.

We arrived and entered into a dark, old fashioned pub, where we were told by a pub regular ' don't take too much notice of the pub, the rooms are top notch'. How very wrong the gentlemen, who was drinking a potent looking scrumpy was!!!

As we made our way from the bar to our room, the first thing we noticed was the filthy carpet in the hallways. You expect to see some dirt in common areas but what we saw was a but shocking to be honest. We hoped our room would be in better condition. When we were shown our room, which was the one from the website, my heart sank. The landlord was pleasant, but as he left us we looked around the room in horror.

The en-suite was dark, dirty and the sani-flo from the toilet was the loudest we've ever heard. The carpet was stained and dirty, the spare bedding was stained. The bed linen, although being clean was worn to the extent of it looking dirty. The tv and freeview box were covered in dust. The drains smelt foul when we used the shower, and there were other niggling issues too, but the music from the jukebox downstairs being played so loud that we could sing along to it, at 23:45 was the final straw!!

We made the landlord aware that we weren't satisfied with our stay when we checked out. Fortunately we only stayed 2 nights. Parking was a problem, as the nearest free overnight parking nearly 200 yards from the inn.

The breakfast was nice, although a menu would have been nice.

Overall, I would definately NOT recommend staying here.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mrmowgli
Reviewed November 5, 2009

When we pulled up we were shocked to find what looked like a horrible, dingy pub.

The street it is on is tiny , dark and there is no where to park. I went in to ask where to park and they were very unhelpful and just said wherever you can find a space. We couldn't find a space so they said we would have to pay to park in the public car park. When the room costs £65 a night and you are met with unhelpfulness and an unattractive looking place to stay, the thought of paying for parking is not good.

So we got back in the car and stayed at the hotel where we were going to a wedding at instead and it was much nicer.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2009

wel the first thing id like to mention is that this is listed as in bath on some websites, but its actually about a 17 mile drive.
The actual village is sooo small. the only decent place we could find to eat was a curry house.
all the pubs are more expensive then down this way ( essex ) at 2.90 a beer.
we did drive into bath and went to the pics and had a meal in wetherspoons, which was fantastic value.
its hard to park on a saturday though, we had to go back on the sunday. and expensive £5 for 4 hours.

the sun inn was very small, but had a nice stoked bar a pool table and a wide screen tele, usually you could ask them for a channel and they would change it over.

yes there is noise from the beer garden but then what do you expect staying in a pub?

the beer garden was nice, it did have tv but only saw that turned on once.

for the end of august it was rainy and very cold.

the pub does not serve any food apart from breakfast and as i said not many other places to eat.

the breakfast is lovely though, very large and filling.

after our stay we actually drove to bristol zoo which was a 25 mile drive. very nice place.

rooms were lovely. spacious and en suite.
the service was not great could not locate someone when we was about to leave to just left keys on the side.

overall a nice little place to relax,and id go back

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2009

I wish I'd read the reviews of other guests on this site before I stayed at The Sun. Reading the rotten reviews afterwards reminded me of a very disappointing stay. Room was dark, tatty and in need of an urgent and complete refurbishment and the last time I used a bathroom like this was in a shared student house many years ago. Carpet in the room was grimy, lino in the bathroom was turning up at the edges and paint flaking away from the window frames. The corridors were narrow, dark and tatty as well. My wife made the booking and I didn't ask her the price until the next morning when I was astonished to find out that it cost £85 when in my opinion £20 would have been a poor deal for such accommodation. We skipped breakfast in the morning as we just wanted to get away from the place.

Overall a dirty, grimy and unpleasant stay and I could hardly wait to leave.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2009

Upon arrival the first issue was parking and the lack of finding an available space on the street. Service was quick and helpful and the manager fulfilled all of our requests. The pub area, rooms, breakfast area and hall ways were of very poor cleanliness which made the stay uncomfortable for me. The shower pressure was very weak and the plug hole was heavily blocked thus water almost overflowed out of the shower tray. The bedroom door looked like it had been broken from its hinges as the frame was damaged and a lick of paint appeared to be the only remedy. Breakfast was satisfactory with a fair standard of bacon and sausage used.

The building is quite remarkable and a very unique and pleasant feature of the town. Frome is a very nice, clean and worthwhile place to visit and I am back this weekend working in the local area, unfortunately I have decided not to choose the Sun Inn as the hotel to stay at.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business