Review Highlights
Lovely horses, lovely people!

I came to Exmoor over the summer on holiday and looked around for somewhere to try horse riding, I... read more

Reviewed 3 days ago
crtn287
via mobile
Wonderful experience

We had a fantastic ride with a large family group of varying ages and experience. The staff were... read more

Reviewed October 10, 2018
Cycling_Madly
Chalfont St Peter
via mobile

All reviews the owner hour ride great riding many thanks fantastic family keep coming back lovely horses my daughter lead rein riding experience wonderful experience bobby emily yard animals pig forest
Reviewed July 17, 2017

We are a family of four from Sweden (kids 11 and 14 years) and we all have some riding experience but at different levels. It has been our dream for a while to go on a riding holiday on Exmoor and this weekend exceeded all expectations! We booked three nights at The Horses House and it was very cosy and welcoming. We had three rides: The first day a two hour ride through the forest nearby, the second day across the amazing misty moor (lots of wild ponies) on a six hour ride which included a stop at a quaint country pub, and the third day along the valleys and through the river at the Tar Steps (also six hours and including a pub stop) which was absolutely stunning. The scenery is beyond belief! But most impressive were the horses - so reliable and well behaved! Cantering was no problem for the kids. We all felt very safe. Our guides; Faye, Emily, Kelly and Erika were extremely good, professional and great fun. Bobbie is a very special person who loves and looks after many animals - many of the horses (and other animals at the farm) have been rescued and found their confidence here. It's truly amazing to see. Many thanks to you all for a perfect weekend - we can't wait to come back!

Reviewed May 10, 2017

I bring my daughter Madison-Rayne horse riding there when she's on school holidays and she loves it. We always get a warm welcome. They're very friendly and very professional.

Reviewed October 21, 2016

Wonderful place, lovely people, great accommodation, fantastic horses and beautiful rides to suit all abilities. We can recommend Pine Lodge to all riders for either hacking or holidays. You won' t come once you will come again and again

Reviewed October 15, 2016

Very enjoyable hour and a half ride out in the woods and by the river. Great way to experience the beautiful countryside. Lovely horse Ludo - the horses are obviously much treasured and cared for. Good ride leader in Hannah. Only myself and one other local regular rider who was welcoming company.

Reviewed October 6, 2016

My daughters booked a weekend at Pine Lodge as my birthday treat. Bobbie welcomed us and showed around the delightful barn conversion, which had originally been stables for the heavy horses who worked on the land. She was an absolutely delightful hostess and nothing was too much trouble, even phoning to make a reservation at the Thai restaurant in nearby Dulverton and making sure they knew it was my birthday.

We went on a full day ride to Tarr Steps, the horses were well-matched to our abilities and Laura made sure we all had a brilliant day's ride. The pub lunch was perfect and we arrived back at the yard about 5 in the afternoon, all tired, aching and ready for a hot bath.

We are all experienced riders and the horses were steady, reliable yet forward-going and all obviously much loved and cared for.

We will definitely be back.