“Enjoyable hacking”

Pine Lodge Riding Holidays
Reviewed October 15, 2016

Very enjoyable hour and a half ride out in the woods and by the river. Great way to experience the beautiful countryside. Lovely horse Ludo - the horses are obviously much treasured and cared for. Good ride leader in Hannah. Only myself and one other local regular rider who was welcoming company.

Date of experience: October 2016
"animals"
"pig"
"forest"

Reviewed October 6, 2016

My daughters booked a weekend at Pine Lodge as my birthday treat. Bobbie welcomed us and showed around the delightful barn conversion, which had originally been stables for the heavy horses who worked on the land. She was an absolutely delightful hostess and nothing was too much trouble, even phoning to make a reservation at the Thai restaurant in nearby Dulverton and making sure they knew it was my birthday.

We went on a full day ride to Tarr Steps, the horses were well-matched to our abilities and Laura made sure we all had a brilliant day's ride. The pub lunch was perfect and we arrived back at the yard about 5 in the afternoon, all tired, aching and ready for a hot bath.

We are all experienced riders and the horses were steady, reliable yet forward-going and all obviously much loved and cared for.

We will definitely be back.

Date of experience: October 2016
Reviewed August 30, 2016

Visited Pine Lodge whilst on holiday, my daughter & I are novice horse riders but the owners & Hannah put us both at ease which was fantastic, which made us enjoy our rides even more. We were both impressed with their knowledge & they made sure we were both happy & confident before leaving their stables. Hannah took us on an amazing ride through woodlands where a river ran along side us which made the ride even more enjoyable & relaxing, we even manage to see lots of deer during our ride which made the ride even more special for us both. We were also very impressed with the owners & Hannah for the love & care with all the horses they have in their stables. We would love to go back again.

Date of experience: August 2016
3  Thank Julia D
Reviewed July 11, 2016 via mobile

We've just left the Pine Lodge where we stayed for a night (B&B) and went for riding (1 hr) twice. Our children had hardly been on a horse before but we felt safe all the time as Bobbi and her assistants (thanks Emily&others!) were competent , responsible and careful when considering our needs. The horses/ponies where calm and were looked well after. We went out in the fields with wonderful views to the Exmoor national park. We saw the local wildlife with deers, fox and a pheasant. The children really loved the whole experience with riding&staying in the horse farm Bobbi recommended us to drive to the moors where we could see "wild" Exmoor ponies. Definitely worth seeing.

Date of experience: July 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed May 7, 2016

I've done an extensive research before I booked this place. Have always been wary of excited novices who often commented on how gentle the horse and the ride were, or scenery lovers who marvelled about the beauty of the nature more than the horse or the ride itself.

Exmoor park is an outstanding, jaw dropping place and the scenery enhances the riding experience immensely. My riding instructor was brilliant - very knowledgeable about horses and pleasantly chatty all the way through. But most importantly, I asked to be put on a forward going horse who enjoys hacking and does not need to be nudged and kicked when you want him to accelerate. And here he was! Beautiful chestnut gelding who was into a jolly canter when you asked him and calm and collected when you need him to be!

The farm is small but it's very well preserved and horses are treasured. Cats, dogs and chicken are roaming around and it's just a pleasure to be around just looking at these animals and breathing in the countryside air.

Apologies for not remembering the names of my instructor or the horse but thanks a lot for the experience which I would certainly repeat whenever I am in your neck of woods but for now I highly recommend it!

Date of experience: May 2016