“Look no further for sheer excellence.”
Review of Littlewell Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Coxley
Littlewell Farm
Ranked #1 of 2 Coxley B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 18, 2009

A frequent visitor to Wells owing to visiting children at school there, I have tried many B & Bs over the last few years. However, since staying with Elizabeth and Alan for the first time two years ago, they are always my first call when needing a room. Nowhere in Wells will you find such a welcome. The rooms are comfortable, immaculately clean and with lovely views. The breakfasts are the best I have ever had and Elizabeth and Alan always make their guests feel right at home. I really don't know why I'm writing this as little makes me as grumpy as not being able to secure a room at Littlewell Farm when I visit Wells!

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank fiddlemama
There are newer reviews for Littlewell Farm

Reviewed September 20, 2009

Let us be the first Zimbabweans to recommend this charming guest house were it was immaculate and tastefully decorated. Excellent cooked breakfast - hats off to the chef/host "Elizabath Shea" and our waiter/host "Alan Shea". Not only was it affordable but comfortable, clean and tidy. Will stay again.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed June 30, 2009

Attractive B&B, comfortable room, nice breakfast, inviting gardens. However, was a little disappointed with how loud the noise was from the road. However, it was my first time traveling in Britain, maybe traffic noise is the norm at most reasonably priced B&Bs?

Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 13, 2009

I have just returned from Littlewell Farm for a 3 day break. The owners made me feel welcome from the time I arrived, with a cup of tea, and then had a nice balance of taking an interest in you, and leaving you to your break. They also know how to cook a good English breakfast. Whole place is clean, tidy, well decorated and comfortable. It is literally just down the Rd from Wells. I was also easily able to visit Glastonbury, Clarkes shopping village, Cheddar Gorge and surrounding area. If, like me you are a single that has experienced some single rooms in the past that can only be described as broom cupboards then fear not. My single was a good size, and from what I saw of the other rooms, they were too.Would definitely recommend and if I return to that area I shall know where to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank MarrobinWarwickshire
Reviewed May 26, 2009

We have just returned from a 3 night stay and wold reccomend.

As the main house was fully booked we stayed in the self catering stable block - sleeps 4 furnished to a very high standard with everything you could possibly need, i tv iron, hairdryer, dishwasher etc. The ceilings are quite low which would be a problem is you are over 5ft 10.

Every morning we went over to the main house for breakfast. There was an excellent choice of cereals, full English or continental breakfast.

As previously stated the Indian restuarant (5 mins walk) is wonderful. My hubby considers himself to be a bit of a curry guru and said it was one of the best meals he had tasted. booking advisable.

Wells is only 15 mins walk with plenty of good publs and restuarants and and the Cathedral is well worth a visit.

Alan & Elizabeth are great hosts with plenty of local knowledge. This is a real find.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 10, 2009

Having returned today from a lovely weekend visit to Wells, Glastonbury and Cheddar Gorge we can not recommend Littlewell Farm enough as a great base. Elizabeth and Alan Shea are fantastic hosts and provide a very homely bed and breakfast. We stayed in a double en-suite room which was very clean and had a fresh modern look to it. Breakfast was amazing, having tried both the Full English and Continental choices - made from locally farmed produce and gorgeous home baked bread. For dinner there is a great Indian Restaurant within walking distance - booking advised. To top all this off the grounds are stunning. As the title says, A Real Gem, which we would recommend to anyone.

Amanda and Nigel

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2009

Little Well Farm, near Wells in Somerset, made our holiday.
It was a great place to stay with the family, and after booking only one night, we ended by staying the rest of the holiday. A great find - a cosy B & B, just how they should be.

Little Well Farm bed and breakfast, became our home away from home. Each day with a good ol' English breakfast, all local and extra fresh; even the mushrooms - straight from the farm up the road, and that tasty home baked bread, delicious.

Alan and Elizabeth Shea really know the places to recommend for families, we visited Wells and its Cathederal, Glastonbury and its.....,Clarks outlet village -Street, Wookey Hole and Cheddar Gorge. A fantastic weeks holiday.

Little Well Farm B&B with its own "little well" - spa water direct from the Mendip Hills, was a Great British holiday, we've just got to go back !!.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coxley
Ancient Gate House Hotel
Worth House
Worth House
#9 of 37 in Wells
Burcott Mill Guesthouse

Been to Littlewell Farm? Share your experiences!