“This hotel really delivered.”

Best Western Walton Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clevedon
Southampton
“This hotel really delivered.”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Spotlessly clean large room with great view over the Bristol Channel to Wales. I'd requested a peaceful room with good views, and that's exactly what I got. The other highlight was the delicious breakfast, with plenty of choice for the cooked option, which included my favourites - fried bread and baked beans - yes !

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Dear Richard B

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us and that you especially enjoyed our breakfast service.

We are indeed extremely fortunate to occupy such a wonderful Cliffside location and we agree the views are wonderful.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we sincerely hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (382)
Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Have stayed here several times for a short break, nice comfortable hotel, nice staff and enjoy the walk from the hotel along the sea front. The breakfasts are excellent to set you up for a days exploring the area.

Room Tip: Get a sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sue S

Thank you for your review. It was our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel once again, I will be sure to pass on your comments to the entire team at the hotel who helped make your stay so enjoyable.

Thank you for choosing to return to the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again for your next visit.
Bournemouth
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Generally a dated hotel, getting very tired around the edges. Good parts are the restaurant, food and staff. Bad parts for us were radiators that did not work for the 3 days we were there and terrible room lighting. Only one badly positioned ceiling light with the lowest wattage, low energy bulb you can get. Almost impossible to walk across the room when you enter at night and no chance of reading a paper. Reported radiators not working but nothing done. Not a hotel that I would rush back to.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear pete r

Thank you for your review. I was very pleased to read that you found our staff attentive and that you enjoyed you dining experience in our restaurant.

Thank you for your valued feedback, I will be certain to pass your comments on to the hotel general manager who will investigate and rectify any areas of concern. I would like to assure you that the issue with the radiators/heating has now been addressed and I apologise for any inconvenience during your stay.

We would very much like you to return and experience our hotel as positively as many other previous guests have, should you wish to make a future reservation please do not hesitate to contact the hotel directly and we will be only too pleased to assist in making a reservation.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we do hope to welcome you back again soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Stayed in this hotel for several nights, and was not told at the time of booking that there was a wedding going on, on the first night of our stay. So it was quite busy, car park busy etc, and loads of people in reception etc. So I would have preferred to have been told at the time of booking! The hotel room allocated was in the eaves of the roof, but had amazing views from the window. The floorboards were very creaky and you could hear people passing the room because of the floorboards. The price was reasonable and we paid a reasonable supplement for our small puppy dog. The best part of staying here was definitely the breakfasts. Lovely full English! Hot and tasty! Worth the visit just for the breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Angela H

Thank you for your recent review. I was very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the view from your guest room ‘Amazing’. I would just like to point out that it is hotel policy to inform all guests of any functions or events taking place in the hotel should we feel that such an event would in any way affect a guest’s stay with us. I would also like to offer my sincere apologies should this have not been the case when making your reservation.

I will be certain to pass on your comments to the management and staff at the hotel; especially the breakfast team who I know they will be pleased to read them.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel, we do hope we have the pleasure in welcoming you back again soon.
Bristol
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I recently held my 60th birthday party at the Walton Park with half my guests staying overnight.
If you wish to stay in a Victorian hotel with fantastic views, helpful and friendly staff and great food then this is the place for you . I had a fantastic night and would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Try for a sea view
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Steve G

Thank you for your review following your 60th birthday celebrations here at our hotel. I was delighted to read that you and your guests thoroughly enjoyed the party and that you found our Victorian period property an ideal venue with welcoming, helpful and friendly staff.

We really do appreciate your recommendation. Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Carmarthen, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Walton Park for one night on the 27th Oct 2013.Having stayed at this hotel before we were again very satisfied. The staff as usual were polite and efficient .We had room 206 - a channel view large standard room with all facilities-spotlessly clean. The dining room is excellent in this hotel and again the quality of both the dinner and breakfast meals was excellent. Whilst we would certainly recommend this hotel it probably could do with some modernising/redecorating- the overall appearance of the entry hall, the stairs(the lift did not go down to our level) down to room 206 which is a basement and the corridors in general would benefit from revamping. I appreciate that this is a very old building and any revamping should of course be in keeping with its charming character -and I accept could be costly. Please take these comments in a constructive way - this still is a very good hotel and we will certainly be going back. Thanks to all the staff for making us so welcome-and their efficiency.

Room Tip: Choose a table overlooking the Bristol Channel in the dining room if possible.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear 602WRD

Thank you for your review following your recent return visit to our hotel. I was delighted to read that once again our dedicated team helped make your stay so enjoyable and that your guest room had a wonderful view of the estuary.

I would just like to point out that the hotel does not actually have any ‘basement’ rooms, being situated in a Cliffside location the reception area is on the first floor and the lower floor is the ground floor.

We certainly do appreciate your constructive comments and we will utilise them in order to maintain and improve our standards and services for all our guests to enjoy.

Thank you for choosing the BEST WESTERN Walton Park Hotel and I will be sure to pass on your comments to all of our dedicated team, who I know will be pleased to read them.

We look forward to welcoming both you and your wife back again soon.
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Nice quality hotel, Probably the best in the area - Get a room with a channel view, you will not be dissappointed, The lounge / Bar food is a tad lacking, however the Breakfast is excellent! The staff were very attentive and helpful. The hotel does have one of the oldest lifts i have ever seen! It has been used by film companies many times, Worth it just to have a go in it!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Latona L, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Walton Park Hotel, responded to this review, November 5, 2013
Dear TripAdvisor Member

Thank you for your recent review and valued comments. We are indeed very lucky to be located in such a magnificent Cliffside location and I certainly agree the views can be spectacular. I will be sure to pass on your comments to all staff members that helped make your stay so enjoyable and comfortable; I know they will be very pleased to read them.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Clevedon
Travelodge Portishead
#1 of 1 in Easton-in-Gordano
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hotel
Travelodge Weston-super-Mare hot...
#4 of 28 in Weston super Mare

Been to Best Western Walton Park Hotel? Share your experiences!