“A first class restaurant”
Review of Mon Plaisir - CLOSED

Mon Plaisir
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed August 7, 2013

An excellent restaurant, very high quality food and wines, there is a very competitively priced lunch menu. The management is caring and the service is always friendly and reliable.
The decor and the pictures enhance the french theme and the coloured glass block wall is a charming feature. You need to book at peak times to avoid disapointment.

2  Thank daveandjanb

Reviewed August 3, 2013

Wonderful service, a great choice of menu and a magical atmosphere. Great for a special occasion. There is a French twist but the food is locally sourced and delicious. A great winelist and excellent attention to detail. Really worth going to.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

Looking for a local restaurant we hadn't been to before, and Mon Plaisir come up high.

So, my girlfriend and I had a reasonable evening. Restaurant decor rather jaded, plastic plants and toilets that need updating. We decided to order from the set evening meal and have mains and pud. The initial service was acceptable but a bit rushed, and I can't say we were made to feel special. The food was of reasonable quality, but was plated up with veg and served complete at the table. I'd expect that in a cafe or even some pubs, but not in a restaurant. I felt the experience rather lacking. Service was "functional" I had the pork and my girlfriend the lamb, quality of food was good, veg was a bit mushy. For pud we had the eton mess and lemon creme brulee. Neither were fab, but acceptable. Food arrived quickly. We left feeling rather neutral. It wasn't a special occasion as such, but if it had been I would have felt rather upset. Not a fine dining experience as promised on the web site and certainly not memorable.

Sharpen up your act guys! You've got great potential.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

I arranged dinner for myself and my boyfriend going on the tripadvisor reviews and we were not let down.
The service was great, very warm and friendly.
Food was quick to arrive and hot.
Everything we ordered was lovely. Both having fish for starter, followed by duck and pork. Puddings were very nice and we ended our meal with a floater coffee with clotted cream!
We didn't feel rushed and took our tijme enjoying our meal
There were lots of choices on the menu and 7 specials! 2 fish and 5 meat.
Only downside was lack of parking, on street parking available but we had a walk up / down steep hill.
Very lovely evening all round.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Dinner with wife, sister in law and brother in law Saturday evening and yet another excellent meal for us all.
Simon and staff as always welcoming and helpful and each course delicious and plates cleared all round. Especially worth mentioning the special dessert - deep-fried ice cream & fruit skewer which we'd urge everyone to try if it's on offer!
We've yet to have a disappointing visit here and we look forward to many more visits in the future.
Keep up the good work!