“Five without a doubt”

Mon Plaisir
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Not often do I rate restaurants a five on trip advisor....MP deserves top marks.
We called in on Wednesday lunchtime not having pre booked, we were so lucky that the fantastic host fitted us in...a couple of minutes later we would have had to wait over a hour...this restaurant is so popular...and now I understand why!

The service provided by the two waiters was fantastic they couldn't do enough for you, never thought this kind of service still existed at this price level. The food was fantastic the choice was fantastic and value for money was also fantastic ( perhaps I should have tittle my review 'fantastic') the ambiance was perfect reminded me of a French cellar in Rouen.

The lunch menu had a wide choice and priced perfectly ...first time in a long time I actually felt a little guilty that we were undercharge ( we left a good tip) for the quality we received. The week previously we had lunch at the number one rated restaurant in Taunton which was also very good... the difference was that it cost us twice as much and nowhere near the same atmosphere/ buzz as at MP... Will definitely return only this time I will book a table just incase! This place is hard to beat.... a fantastically run establishment..the owners should be congratulated.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Been to this restaurant before and it is always consistently good. Really good food and particularly good value for a nice lunch. Excellent, really friendly service.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

My husband and I regularly eat out and can highly recommend this small restaurant in Clevedon. The menu is varied, portion sizes on the generous side but not too large and the staff always friendly and courteous. We have never had a bad experience here and it is one of our favourite 'go to ' places when we want a nice relaxing evening. Just booked to go there tonight as it happens and I'm sure we will have a lovely evening. The only downside is that parking can be problematic but it's no worse than in Clifton, or example.

Reviewed April 16, 2013 via mobile

Went to this restaurant with my wife on recommendation and we weren't disappointed. The duck salad was the best starter I've ever had. Staff were extremely attentive and prices very reasonable. We will be returning soon

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a lovely 3 course meal here as a birthday treat for my husband. But the restaurant itself needs updating and we were seated right next to the kitchen which wasnt nice. Couldnt fault the food though and the service was excellent too. We came here about 40 years ago and I think the decor was almost the same!! Coloured see through tiles!! Yuck