“League of gentlemen accomodation !”
Review of Warrens Village

Warrens Village
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Clevedon
Poole
“League of gentlemen accomodation !”
Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

I was booked into this place by a company I do work for , potentially for a twelve week stay mon to fri ! Couldn't even manage one night ! after a quick pint in the phoenix nights style bar it was off to check out the sweaty room with paper thin walls separating us from our neighbour who I think had whooping cough! Dust ,sweat , trampoline beds and a t.v that wouldn't look out of place on the antiques roadshow ! On a positive note the place looked great in my wing mirror as I drove off !

Stayed June 2012
2 Thank PooleCwater

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2012

I stayed in Warrens village as my partner and I were at a leaving do for a friend nearby and needed a place to crash afterwards.
We arrived to find the village looked a bit like a travellers camp combined with a caravan park. The landscape was not very appealing but then it has been raining non-stop recently.

We were pleasantly surprised to be given a new chalet which had recently been built, and hurried to have a shower before going out. The heating was set to 30 degrees on the thermostat but the chalet felt cold (even though the weather is warm at the moment) and I was worried that it would be cold overnight.
The shower was a cheap fitting and the sealant around the tiles and windows was not complete, so I am not sure how long the lovely now look will be maintained!

The room was warm enough over night, but I am sure in colder months the place will be freezing as there was no sign of warmth coming from the floor (no radiators present so I assume the heating is under-floor).

The tea and coffee was welcomed but there was only enough milk for 2 cups each so in the morning we had to have black coffee which I hate :(

The towels were brand new and navy, so after our shower we had to pick fluff off ourselves to be able to dress up for the evening. Please pre-wash your towels!

The biggest annoyance for me was the loo-roll believe it or not. I have never used lower quality loo roll in my life (and I have done lots of camping and travelling). The sheets fall apart and break up leaving bits all over. For the £55 we paid to stay there I thought they could afford to give me something of a little better quality!

Overall I am disappointed that I have had far more from other B&Bs or hotels for a lower price.

Room Tip: Ask for a new chalet- I would hate to see what the old ones are like!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank experttravelcorner
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Warrens Village looked nice when we arrived, me and my friends were impressed the chelle was perfect up until the point of waking up the next morning with bites all over us from jumping bugs, our chelle was next to a sewer of some sort that smelt dredful I personaly thought it was treacherous and wouldnt recommend to anybody else the reception lady tried to argue with my friend about checking in times and the breackfast staff are very rude an breakfast was cold it was very bad service. On the other hand the bar staff were very polite and helpfull.

NOT AT ALL RECOMMENDED :(

Room Tip: wouldnt recommend any rooms the whole place looks like a bog
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank emz_3man
, Public Relations Manager at Warrens Village, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
Dear Client,
Sorry to hear that you were unhappy at Warrens Village.
1. You were bitten by insects because you left your bathroom window open all night. In mid summer if you leave a bathroom window open you will most likely end up with insects getting into the room. This was reported at reception on your second day and not the first day.
2. You mentioned that you room was next to a sewer. This is incorrect. The water at the back of the accommodation are waterways for the natural land drainage in this rural area and run for hundreds of miles around the county.
3.You failed to mention in your review that you also had a third person in the room which was a health and safety issue. You booked this room for two people only and not three.
Your review and your friends below isn't very acurate and all sounds a bit sour grapes as you got charged on your card which we are entitled to for the extra person that you tried to get away with.
Reviewed July 3, 2012

The day before I arrived I phoned up to ask if there was a certain time we had to check in. As there was a busy event on i wanted to make sure i could drop my bags off then go to my event. The person I spoke to sperficially said it was not a problem to arrive before 11 as she was aware of the avent taking place , So we was able to drop our bags off and carry on with our fun day. Well when I arrived the ladie on reception tryed to argue with me and say that I hadnt spoke to know one and i wasn't able to drop my stuff off as check in is at 2 ! Luckily she said our shallay had been cleaned and it was ok ! So panick was over ! We droped our bags off and was really impressed with our little shallay it seemed newly referbished and really clean an modern and bed was very comfy . The only down fall was we was right by a muddy, sewery flooded pond. We left our bathroom window slightly open when we went out for the day. When we came back we had tiny little jumping bugs all round our room, We where just asuming it was from these as we woke up with bites all over us in the morning !! We was not impressed !!
We only whent for breaky for the one day as the service was rediculous. There was one man on his own and it was busy ! We was going to take our breaky back to our room but we decided to stay as you couldnt take the cups and glasses back. When we said to the guy weve decided to stay his replie was " You taking the mic ! " We was in shock and the women next to us even said how disgracful how he spoke to us! The bar staff where very friendly and helpful they were so polite and wen't out of there way to make the effort with us and was very helpful and kind . Overall I will never stay here again !!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank katie-ann22
Reviewed June 16, 2012

The area itself is lovely! Alot to do here, as for the complex and accomidation, well the same cannot be said, the rooms are very basic with a "old peoples" smell to them, there were needles and recipts still in the room from previous guests, the bed sheets and spare quilts were covered in dust! To the point where all doors and windows had to be opened to air the room, the pillows and beds were at a poor standard and full vacum cleaners of dust were also left in a room. The restaurant isnt great, slow service, slightly over priced for what it is, and not a very good vibe. For somewhere just to sleep at night this is about a 2 out of 5 but i would not advise a long period stay here! The cabins across the road look much nicer!

• Stayed June 2012
hereford
Reviewed May 7, 2012

we booked for access to weston and surrounding places, the place looked ok we collected our key and parked right outside the chalet, once inside we noticed a smell and that it hadnt been cleaned in a while. i put the kettle on for a cup of tea and the milk was dated 2011 and was really off and the smell wasnt nice, i went fishing for a while which was fantastic a bit small the pics make it look a lot bigger lake. then we decided to go for a meal in the angelina restaurant, but they had let a wedding party use the facilities so there was no where to get any food from so i had to drive to clevedon and find a place and on bank holiday weekend we ended up with chips, not my idea of a relaxing nights stay as this took about 40 minutes of driving what seemed round in circles as we didnt know the area.
once back in the chalet my wife wanted to use the laptop and we found the only way that was posible was to unplug the tv as there was only 1 socket? in this technological age 1 socket isnt enough for a child.
we tried to sleep after a long day but the wedding disco kicked in and we couldnt sleep, the chalets are thin and pick up the music lovely.
so if you want a place to fish and want more ease than a tent then book but if you want some comfort and peace then try elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank dave s
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2012

This site has Chalets all neatly laid out throughout the Holiday Village. We booked a room for two, that was half of a Chalet. They are clean, has all the hot drink facilities, a table, (Can't remember whether it was sky or digital free view TV) and a 3 seat couch in the one we rented.

Mrs L mentioned there were no towels supplied but there were towels, we didn't see our's at first but there they were on the fridge (I expected them to be in the bathroom ha ha) the towels were a nice royal blue color, the bathroom was very nicely set out,bath with shower over the bath, plenty of shelf space round the sink. One didn't have to make up in the bathroom mirror, there was another mirror in the room combined with the tea and coffee making shelf and a socket handy for hair drier (lucky I took my own, there was no hair drier)

We had two nights in the Warren Village and enjoyed great service, really nice meals, we had a family gathering the first night, there were seven of us and every one of us had a superb dinner and sweet, much enjoyed!! I am a Bristol, 73 year old girl and I live in Nottingham so I visit the Family in Clevedon.

Oh!! the waiters and waitresses were absolutely incredible, they knew just when to be there and when not, so pleasant, always smiling and could hold just the right amount of conversation.

Look at all the pictures of the restaurant, bar and rooms etc., online when you book, when you arrive there you will see that the pictures are true to the appearance in real.

The beach is a few minutes drive away and Tesco's is just round the corner, My husband and I really enjoyed our stay at Warren Village, we would most certainly go back

Room Tip: We've only experienced a double room, we could have danced in the room it was so spacious,It was...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank thrifty70
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clevedon
Best Western Walton Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Easton-in-Gordano
The Royal Clarence Hotel
The Royal Clarence Hotel
#1 of 1 in Burnham-On-Sea

Been to Warrens Village? Share your experiences!