“Lovely meal !” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Carpenters Arms

The Carpenters Arms
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Newly opened pub with great value British food.
Yeovil
“Lovely meal !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

My husband and myself celebrated our birthdays by going out with our family for Sunday lunch here. We had a very tasty meal, with the children in our party being well catered for. The food was well cooked and very plentiful. The atmosphere was very warm and friendly. We shall certainly be visiting again.

• Visited February 2014

Somerset, United Kingdom
“Great Pub with Fantastic Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

We visited here last night for our first visit with friends who highly recommended it and we weren't disappointed. In fact we were pleasantly surprised and my wife and myself agreed that this was probably the best pub/restaurant food that we have ever had.

The decor was really good and you could see if had been refurbished recently.

The staff were very helpful and the choice of food excellent, especially the "specials board". Food was reasonably priced and we will definitely be returning soon.

Also we will be recommending this pub/restaurant to others.

Well Done!!

• Visited January 2014
martock
“Good Value good food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

Went here with a party of 16 for a silver wedding celebration. The old public house has been nicely re done with tasteful decor.
As we were a large party we were asked to pre order the food, which restricted us to thecore menu. A shame as the specials board looked great.
The food was super and very reasonably priced. The service was spot on and the selection of wines and ales very good.
All in all we had a great night.
My only criticismwould be that in the last couple of years the core menu has had no changes and is a little restricted and if you are stuck with that,then that is a shame.

Visited January 2014
Yeovil, United Kingdom
“Average food, unfriendly staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

The food is run of the mill "pub grub" good size portions and that's it really. For "pub grub" it was average, had worse but have had better for the price. The women behind the bar was rude when I asked if I could change a pre-order, saying that it was not possible as the food had been cooked even tho we had arrived 15 minutes prior to our booking. Got the impression they were worried about losing money, which if is the case then implement a policy on pre-ordering (eg deposits or paying before). I was not made aware of their policy on pre-ordering and the bar women said I should have used my "common sense" in this matter, adding insult to the poor handling of the situation. At the end of the day regardless of how good or bad the food is there is no excuse for poor customer service, and therefore will head to other more suitable establishments which are "ten to the penny" in this area luckily.

• Visited December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Yeovil, Somerset
“WOW! Can't wait to eat here again.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

We reserved a table to meet some friends here for Sunday Lunch, after a friend of mine kept raving about this place. The last time I ate here must have been about 15 or so years ago! I believe within the last couple of years it has re-opened under new ownership and been refurbished. When I reserved the table over the phone the woman I spoke to was very helpful. As soon as you walk in, you feel welcome (not like some of those locals when you all in, everyone turns round as if to say "They're not local!). We explained our friends were on their way but were running late, no problem at all, we started a tab, were poured a drink and shown to our table. Being a vegetarian, today's choice was vegetable lasagne. My heart sank, as usually it is from a packet and tasteless. NOT HERE, as soon as our food was brought to our table (very swiftly I must say) I could see it was homemade. It was delicious, my compliments to the chef. The roast potatoes were lovely, not greasy at all and the vegetables, julienne(?) carrots, broccoli (cooked just right) and leeks in cheese sauce (yummy) were all polished off! My husband says the apple pie and custard was the best he's ever had. The young waitresses were very efficient and pleasant, they are a credit to you. The food was reasonably priced. I'd recommend The Carpenters Arms and look forward to going there again.

• Visited November 2013