“Amazing”
Review of Blackmore Farm

Blackmore Farm
Reviewed April 20, 2013

Wow!! What a great experience. Had enormous room with the four poster bed and vast ensuite bathroom, then breakfast in medieval baronial hall. Lovely. There was one cobweb in the bedroom but I think it had been left to add to the atmosphere because everything else was spot on.

The medieval bit is pure theatre. Loved it.

I did leave the light on at night in case of ghosts!!! The building is grade 1 listed and so old it must have them.

Room Tip: West bedroom has the four poster bed
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
There are newer reviews for Blackmore Farm

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I had our Wedding reception at Blackmore farm in 2003, we could not fault the food and service then and we can honestly say it just seems to get better. We have returned several times for friends Anniversarys and birthdays, we are also booking again soon to suprise a family member for their 60th birthday. Its a beautiful place and has so much to offer wether your just passing through to pop in to the shop and tea room or staying overnight you wont be disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

I went to the bnb just yesterday and it was amazing! After reading what other people said I would like to inform them that it is super clean now so I guess they have changed cleaning person. The room was huge, I was in a small little house on the side, I arrived at night and I have to say I was impressed by the main building. the main dinning Hall was amazing I never actually seen such room since I got in the UK 7 years ago. It's worth every penny, the people who own it are very nice and breakfast is superb! The local
Pub malted shovel also offers great services. I recommend this place in case you want to experience a royal experience :)

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for one night on the way down to Cornwall. I can only say that this was such a wonderful Surprise as I had no idea that he had booked this beautiful place.
It is full of character with the most wonderful open fire in the banquet dining hall where we had breakfast the next morning.
There is a charming farmhouse shop that sells local crafts and produce, or you can just have a good pot of tea if that's all you want.

Truly this is a little gem that we will be revisiting soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Lovely one night stay. Arrived in wet windy weather to a warm welcome. 4 poster bed a bonus and had a cosy feel although a huge room. Ensuite great, hot water imediately and soft towels.
We ventured to the Malthouse just up the road not brilliant but good steak and chips. reasonably priced.
Back to watch tele in comfy chairs and warm room even in November. Breakfast was really good with log fire in Hall. If you don't like eating with other people its not for you as we sat at long refectory table with six others but everyone was friendly and enjoying the stay. I for one loved it.
The farm shop is really lovely lots to choose from and not too expensive. The working farm very interesting and ask Ian to look at the chapel really educational.
I hope it will remain just the same with the march of time.
Will be back for sure.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I was working in the Cannington area between January and April of this year and we stayed at Blackmore for the majority of that time and all I can say is wow...... I loved this place the people were lovely the food was amazing and the rooms unbelievble! Eating your breakfast in the great hall of a 15th century manor house with suits of armour on the wall is pretty damn amazing..

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stayed 2 nights on B&B. Lovely old place with lots of charm. The owners are very nice and the breakfast was good. The only downside was the housekeeping. The room we stayed in (the gallery) was a huge room with an upstairs living space which was also very large. We can imagine it is difficult to maintain as there are old beams some of which are high but that said there were cobwebs & spiders everywhere and the dust was dreadful. There were cobwebs all over the bed head and bedside lamp, the mirror in the small toilet was so dusty we had to wipe it to be able to see in it (this is no exaggeration). The bathroom & toilet were very small and old and the carpet shabby & dusty. The room was very dark and musty. It is a shame as the owners are genuinely lovely and really seem to be working hard to maintain this old place. Just need to employ a better housekeeper. We like old world charm but not dust & grime.

Room Tip: Don't choose the gallery room if you like a shower or a big toilet/bathroom as they are very sma...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank TABH2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cannington
Castle of Comfort Country House
#2 of 4 in Cannington
Friendly Spirit Inn
Friendly Spirit Inn
#24 of 30 in Bridgwater

Been to Blackmore Farm? Share your experiences!