“We've been before and we will being going again!”
Review of Clavelshay Barn

Clavelshay Barn
Ranked #3 of 115 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Scenic view, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Somerset
“We've been before and we will being going again!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

As before, we had a great meal with a really pleasant atmosphere. All the staff give a warm and welcome approach. The menu changes monthly and has just enough to choose from, all fresh local products served to a high standard. The location is a little out of the way, but well worth a visit.....

• Visited February 2013

Bath
“Amazing Roast!”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We popped in for Sunday lunch on the recommendation of our family who live close by and had an amazing lunch. We had starters which were good but nothing compared to the size and quality of the roast beef we had for main. The sheer volume of beef was pretty impressive not to mention the size of the yorkshire pudding! The veg was also delicious and varied and incredible value for under £10! The service and setting were also of a very high standard and we shall be back again if we're in the area!

• Visited February 2013
Taunton, Somerset
“Excellent food, excellent service and a 'refreshing' setting!”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We've eaten at some great places in and around Taunton over the years - The Willow Tree and Augustus, for example - but picked Clavelshay Barn based on internet reviews for my wife's birthday. We weren't disappointed at all. Driving/sliding through the snowy Quantock Hills (misguidedly) we were glad to find the spot; albeit having to park on an icy, sloping car park! As you can imagine it was vey cold and, with a friendly welcome, we were kindly seated next to the chunky radiator downstairs. However, the room was still pretty cold and this somewhat took the edge off our experience. But, apart from this, everything else was 'spot on' and I felt my choice of venue was totally correct. The service was personal without being overbearing; the food was outstanding - tasty, wonderfully presented and good portions: the venue was rustic and full of charm; and the prices were fine - realistic for the quality that 'oozed' from each dish. It makes me smile when people moan about the price on TripAdvisor. I have no problem paying £15+ if the food, service and setting are as good as this! Will certainly come back when it's a bit warmer...

Hanoi, Vietnam
“Fantastic!!!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

I ate here on a number of occasions last year and had my wedding reception here, as mentioned on a previous review. I was lucky enough to be back in the UK briefly over Xmas and had lunch at Clavelshay one Sunday and dinner one Saturday. The food is always superb! I especially love the goats cheese starters....the best EVER and I've tried a large variety! My other favourite is the pork, whether it be the Sunday roast or pork belly that was on the Saturday dinner menu...they're both perfection! The wine list is stunning with a great selection from all over the world and Sue only chooses ones that she likes herself, which definitely means they're excellent as she has fab taste! Sue the owner is amazing and so is everyone else in her team, always smiley, helpful and very welcoming. The barn itself is wonderful with local artwork displayed all around. During the summer it's also great to sit outside in the sun overlooking the Quantock hills...you can't beat it!

1 Thank flobo5
Hampshire
“You have to go - Lovely restaurant & lovely food!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

This was my first visit and I was amazed by the friendliness, quality of food and the service.
I would recommend anyone living/visiting in the area to go as you'll most certainly not be dissapointed!