“Lovely wedding anniversary.”
Review of Clavelshay Barn

Clavelshay Barn
Ranked #3 of 119 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Lovely food, lovely atmosphere, staff were very helpful and patient (we had our 3-month old baby with us). The setting was really nice, it's in the middle of the countryside, so peaceful! We'll definitely return.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

If I could afford too I'd eat there every night; what a treat. The food is spectacular - I think I died and went to heaven! The service is exceptional; good humour mixed with impecable delivery - you feel like you're long lost relatives or the only one's there such is the extent with which they make you feel welcome and special. Would I recommend this restaurant; I'd shout so from every steeple.

Reviewed September 2, 2012

Clavelshay Barn Restaurant is a beautiful two storey barn conversion set on a working dairy farm. A previous contributor stated they were sat in the basement but actually it doesnt have a basement is it set over two floors, both having glorious views over the farm and fields, both levels being light and airy, comfortable and a wonderful setting to enjoy the amazing food.They have a wonderful list of wines available, something to please every palate as is the food menu! A true taste of the array of locally sourced food that Somerset is proud of. Having just come back from a holiday in New York where I have to say the food was appalling! it is a pure delight to be home enjoying locally produced food, lovingly prepared served with such pride. My hubby relished the cheese board today and ate every bit! The portions are incredibly generous and the cheeses chosen with experience. Nothing is ever too much trouble for the restaurant and they always strive to make your experience as wonderful as they can...You won't be disappointed!

1  Thank SallyBKent
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We were a party of 5, going to Clavelshay for Sunday lunch. Once we got there (only signposted from one direction - amongst a maze of Somerset lanes) we were nicely surprised at just how lovely the barn was.
Firstly the food. We all went for either the Roast Beef (über Yorkshires), or the local Roast Pork (oooooo, that crackling)! All nice and hot, with decent amount of gravy. And proper, and I mean PROPER roast tatties. (Not a hint they were frozen foodservice types, but all different shapes & sizes, and crispy - like real, home roasties should be).
It looked like we had the same amount of veg for 5, as tables of 4 were sharing though.
Puds were: banana tart on passion fruit cream & ginger ice-cream - lovely tart, although p'fruit cream a little too subtle; strawberry cheesecake and a Creme brûlée (both demolished PDQ - no complaints there).
We were about 25 minutes later than our booking (those lanes again), although did phone to say we'd be late; but it's almost as though we'd missed our serving slot, that wasn't really recovered. It took 2 hours from first sitting down, to receiving our puds. Although conversation was flowing well, it was just easily half an hour have too long, given we didn't have starters.
We will definitely go again though, as the non-roastie offerings look just fabulous. Service was really friendly, and remembering that this is on a working farm, it's great to be supporting a truly local business.
Would highly recommend Clavelshay Barn, but please, even one or two more signs closer to the venue as an indication we're getting close would be great.

Reviewed August 31, 2012

My wife and I had our wedding reception at Clavelshay recently and we could not have chosen a better place. The food was divine; the drinks heavenly (and, fortunately for us, in endless supply); the staff were all friendly, polite and efficient; Sue, the manager, was (and is!) fantastic; the ambience was perfect, and the setting could not have been more picturesque. We've already been back twice for Sunday lunch. Don't take my word for it, though - look at the other excellent reviews that rightly give this restaurant such a high rating. Do avoid the xenophobic/borderline racist review, however!

Thanks to Sue and all the staff for being so consistently fantastic.