“Nice for a quick coffee”

Coffee#1 Bridgwater
Cuisines: Cafe
Description: Award-winning coffee, cakes and pastries for breakfast, lunch and tea. Comfy sofas, beautiful interiors and cosy corners that you can hide away in for a quiet half an hour are as important to us as the cake we serve and the service we give. Come and see for yourself.
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I go here a lot, the prices are better than the rivals and atmosphere is nice. The staff are sometimes a bit run ragged but generally very pleasant. The tables are usually cleaned quickly and the decor is cute. I am a fan of Coffee 1 but wish they did more sugar free syrups!

Reviewed May 31, 2014

Courteous staff who serve excellent Latte to the individual person's taste i.e. one shot latte so it is not too strong!

Reviewed May 15, 2014

Its a lovely meeting spot, I love the array of seating and the coffee is great.
I feel like you don't have to wait too long for things.

The nibbles they have are also very tasty.

1  Thank SomersetKE
Reviewed May 13, 2014 via mobile

I wrote a review a few days after our "experience" but for some reason it was deleted!

My partner and I popped in for breakfast in March as we were attracted by the inviting look of the old building. It was closed, however we waited as it was only just after the 9 o'clock advertised opening time. The sign was turned to "open" after a few minutes so in we went....

The lady inside said there wasn't anyone to serve us but other staff would be along shortly, and started mopping the floor. We thought, "fair enough, it's still early" and ordered a pot of tea when the slightly more friendly young man came in.

We took a seat at the corner table nearest the counter so as not to inconvenience the cleaner, at which point she made a bee-line for us, mopping around our table so we were trapped! (I wouldn't have minded if she's done the filthy section of floor in the shop or rest of the seating area!)

We were subjected to loud conversation about last night's TV but at no point were we actually spoken to. It finally quietened down enough for us to hear ourselves think when the staff all trooped outside, leaving the door open and us shivering!

We left the money for our tea and elected to have breakfast elsewhere! I was very disappointed as it looked very promising from the outside but have never felt so unwelcome. Never again!!!

1  Thank Karen B
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Coffee 1 is excellent for a relaxing coffee & snack...good choice of coffee....very good ambience. Service is lays prompt & efficient.