“Cracking Sunday Lunch”

Ranked #22 of 117 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Went for a carvery Sunday lunch with a large group including young children. Could not have been better looked after. They made sure we didn't queue and looked after children's portions. Adult portions were generous and the meat was tender and tasty. What was exceptional was the vegetables; A great choice of perfectly cooked dishes.
The pudding choice was also extensive, home made and excellent. Although very busy we had a relaxed lunch withe a great atmosphere.
Prices were very reasonable and the bar prices were likewise pub rather than restaurant.

There are newer reviews for The Harvest Moon

Reviewed August 16, 2014

We visited the Harvest Moon last night, having been once before and had a good experience. I'm pleased to report that last night's was equally good.

My partner chose a traditional steak, with chips and all the trimmings, accomapnied by a peppercorn sauce. He reported that the steak was very tender and the chips (home made) were cooked just right. I went for the "curry of the day", which was described as a "dry chicken tandoori" - in other words, tandoori chicken without a load of sauce. The flavour of the tandoori chicken pieces was excellent, spicy but warming rather than too hot; exactly right. With the chicken came some pilau rice, a small naan bread, mango chutney, cucumber and mint raita, and some chopped tomato and onion. Everything was very fresh and very tasty. To be honest, I was surprised how good it was, and it was lovely to have a curried dish that wasn't swimming in loads of sauce.

We followed up with pudding - I had the Malteser Cheesecake with ice cream, my partner had some trifle, also with ice cream. Both were great - but I do specialliy recommend the cheesecake!

Service was prompt and efficient and staff were pleasant.

We will certainly return - I want to try another of their curries!

3  Thank joshuatrumpets
Reviewed August 3, 2014

My husband, our son and I had a gorgeous 2 course carvery this afternoon. Lovely home cooked food priced at £12 each for 2 courses for adults and £8.50 for children. Very friendly staff and a nice atmosphere. Would highly recommend and will definitely be returning.

1  Thank Sandiecoco
Reviewed July 21, 2014 via mobile

Went here with my partner for a treat really great place atmosphere is amazing food is great value for money as well as it being high standards. Staff are really friendly and go out of their way to ensure your meal is a great one.
Only downside is our table being forgotten about for a little while.

1  Thank Jordan S
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been here multiple times for the Sunday carvery as well as just a lunch or snack which on the bike. the beer is great, the staff are friendly and welcoming and the food is very good. worth visiting if your passing, calling and booking a table is always recommended just in case

1  Thank Alex P