“Good quality and huge portions”

The Tudor Hotel Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #15 of 122 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Cuisines: Greek
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 28, 2014

This was our 3rd visit and the quality was excellent as usual. They were very busy but the waiting staff were alert and cheerful. A mixed grill was ordered - what can I say, it would have fed 3 people! Only order this is you are very very hungry. The steak ordered was a little overcooked (which is unusual) but was not sent back as it was so tender and tasted fantastic. We will definitely visit again.

Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

A spur of the moment decision to try the Tudor last year but we were not disappointed. We both had steaks which were well cooked and good value given the portion size. Very nice starter and desert too....

1  Thank Christu79
Reviewed May 6, 2014

Good food and service. Pleasant surroundings in a Tudor building a stones throw from the Parish Church of St. Mary's.
The town centre is very near and has many old features, including the Blake Museum and the Georgian, Castle Street where some of the film of 'Tom Jones' was filmed. Castle Street also has the country's first Arts Centre.

Reviewed April 23, 2014

We visited for a carvery meal as part of a family celebration, and we were looking forward to it as we had been before on a Sunday, but found it was somewhat lacking this time. As there was a high number of us, we were directed through to Bar 27 for drinks, which would have been fine, had it not been for the fact you had to walk past the skip bins to get there. It doesn't really set the mood for a meal or a celebration when you have to walk past dirty bins to get a drink.
We had also rang in advance, as our son was under 5, and in the past we had been told that it wasn't necessary to pay for his food, but to just take a small plate and give him food from our own plates, which we did, but we found out after that the person organising had been charged for a childs meal, even though we had called to confirm that he would not be charged to eat.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Gentleman behind the bar was lovely, as was one young dark haired waitress.
To clarify the absurdity of what happened , let me just explain that I am undergoing tests at the moment as I have lost my appetite and can only eat mostly boiled eggs, the occasional unseasoned/spicey meat and fresh veg. I don't say this to garner sympathy but to set the circumstances.
I had not eaten that day to make sure I could enjoy my meal. I had the starter of filo prawns, after eating one I passed the rest on to my oldest daughter as she couldn't afford a starter too and it would have filled me up.
I had pre ordered, as this was a birthday party, a rare steak , which a blonde haired waitress served me. My younger daughter who was sitting next to commented that it didn't look rare. It was very thin so would have been hard to actually cook rare. On cutting into it, I found that it was more well done, no blood whatsoever. This started a conversion in my vicinity as most of them know the problems I have. The dark haired waitress noticed and took my plate away to rectify it. I have to admit I probably would have picked at it and made the most of it, I hate complaining, stupid I know.
Almost immediately the blonde haired waitress came back with the plate and said " did you swap your plate! as I know I put the rare steak in front of you" well know, why would I, I ordered a rare steak and was the only one at the table to do so. She stormed off and I was eventually bought a lovely thick steak, which was blue, but it don't mind that. It was delicious and I also ate the mushrooms.
The serving was excellent, they cleared the tables fast etc. we didn't have to hang around at all. Anyway the evening ended and we were all paying for our food seperately. I went to pay for mine and my husbands. While I was giving another man behind the bar the list of food we'd had, the blonde waitress then pipes in with, she had two steaks!!!!! She was told by the gentleman they would sort it out later. I don't think I have ever been so rudely treated anywhere before. I did email them that night to explain the situation but have not had a reply or an apology.
I presume the waitress refuses to admit she made a mistake, and as it is a family owned business is probably related. Why otherwise would she be allowed to get away with that sort of behaviour. It ruined my night out, but hopefully not my brother in laws, who's birthday it was,

4  Thank Sally G