“Confirmation of our 1st opinion”

Green Olive Meze Restaurant & Bar
Ranked #1 of 116 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Turkish
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Green Olive Meze Restaurant offers you the freshest food in town! Authentic Turkish and Greek food, friendly service and great atmosphere...
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
“Confirmation of our 1st opinion”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

Service was excellent. Food was far exceeding expectations (again). This time we went with a larger party and each tried various dishes without a single complaint. Normally for differing tastes and nationalities this shows........not here. Well Done, from entering to leaving we were very very contented. I have now eaten here with a 4 year old up to a 83 year old and they never complained about the food or atmosphere etc. Tip; take a few toys for both age ranges as they all love it. The rest just savour the food (deserts are predictable but then they are just a finisher)
I can only think that that those who give a more 'downward view' expect a 5* capital city venue in a semi rural location and price range.

England
“A Buzzing Evening”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We visited The Green Olive with friends on a Saturday night. As we were eating earlier, when I booked I asked and was reassured that the table was ours for the evening as we cannot bear to be rushed for another sitting as I had read a previous review where they felt rushed. We had a pleasant evenng and, as mentioned by others, received complimentary bread and olives and also tea and delight at the end of the meal. I think the 'rushed' feeling does come from the efficiency of the staff as the food does arrive quickly and staff are very quick to observe when you have finished. We didn't find this too much of a problem. The prices were very reasonable as was the wine and the food was very good. One of the meals was chicken which was quite dry but I am sure if we had asked something would have been done. Our fault entirely for not pointing it out. The atmosphere was buzzing and we all had an enjoyable evening. We would use this restaurant again. Well done to The Green Olive!

Somerset
“After reading such good reviews we were left disappointed.”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

Based on the many excellent 'trip advisor' reviews, we were looking forward to enjoying a relaxing evening with friends on our first visit to the Green Olive, sadly this was not the case. We arrived on time (Saturday Evening) and were rushed through three courses in around one and a quarter hours. The staff, though not at all engaging, were very efficient throughout the evening, perhaps too efficient, with plates & glasses being whisked away the second they were empty. The food was OK, complimentary bread and olives is a nice touch. The mixed meze starter had some tasty elements but the individual main courses were nothing special & I thought the salad was very bland. Reasonable prices but far too rushed and not at all friendly - perhaps Saturday evening, when there are two large parties dining, was not the best time for our first visit. Maybe we'll visit again on a quieter night and order one course at a time.

Portreath, United Kingdom
“A- Mezeing experience”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I visited here for lunch with a friend. The food & service were excellent.
It felt just like I was holidaying in Turkey !
Erdal is very professional and also his staff are an asset to him & the restaurant.
The menu had a fantastic selection - so much to choose for, I shall have to return again soon !
Well done - I will be back when I am next in Somerset.

Bristol, United Kingdom
“great”
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Great staff & good value.
clean and happy welcome .the staff are warm and helpful,food good too,great added touch of sweet Turkish tea and delight .

Visited February 2013