“Reasonable spot”

Ranked #5 of 28 Bridgwater B&B and Inns
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Reasonable spot”
Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is smack in the middle of Bridgwater. My single room with en suite was a bit boxy but fine. The shower fittings very new looking but the water pressure a bit weak. My room overlooked the courtyard to their bar which was a bit noisy however not till late. Not sure what that would be like at weekends. The WiFi signal was excellent. My breakfast was well cooked and tasty. I consider the tariff to at the high end for what you get.

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
London
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Can only echo previous comments re food, welcome etc. One downer though - plastic mattress cover. I removed it, so no great hardship. Wifi is good and free - Holiday Inn take note! My room v noisy as on street, but only to be expected in town centre.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Roz1914
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We had to be in Bridgwater and picked the Tudor Hotel because it was central. We are so glad we did.
The Tudor is a real family run business. there are three generations involved with running it and their watchword is 'Welcome'. Nothing was too much trouble, any little request was gratified in an utterly charming fashion. Julie was fantastic, a really genuinely warm person, and I am sure that this is why all the other members of the family and employees project her desire to please their customers.
From the moment we phoned to say we were nearly there and asked for directions and young Andrew came out of the kitchen to direct us to the parking area, we realised this was a special place.
It is an old building, a rabbit warren of connecting rooms, spotless, everything gleaming. Comfortable dining areas, excellent food. We had some hot soup and a bottle of excellent wine when we arrived. they willingly re-corked it to add to our meal in the evening. Large helpings of food, delicious scallops followed by slow-roasted belly of pork, a really nice meal in a full dining room. And the breakfast was fantastic.
The room had a good bed and a modern en-suite bathroom, all you could wish after such a good dinner!
The hotel was excellent value for money, less expensive that most B&B's. I shall definitely be going back there. We shall use it as a base to explore the beautiful countryside around Bridgwater.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Weymouth
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was my first time staying at the tudor and I would definitely recommend it, the room was nice and clean and had everything required, the bathroom was newly fitted and very nice. We had lunch and breakfast in the restaurant and both were excellent. The staff were very helpful and friendly, would love to return to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank HanWeyDor
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have stayed at the tudor on many occasions, the staff are friendly and very helpful, the hotel rooms that i have stayed in are always very clean and tidy, the food is excellent. even though the building is old,and has many stairs, i have found that difficult as i'm on elbow crutches, the staff have always found a room that is suitable for my needs.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank skydiversomerset6
Somerset
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I live locally so only use the restaurant and adjacent 'Bar 27' at The Tudor & have not stayed in any of the highly acclaimed rooms. I eat here roughly every month throughout the year and the experience never disappoints. There is a huge choice of English or Greek food & the Head Chef has wide experience of cooking in the Orient so there are now also dishes from the far East. The quality of the food is always excellent as is the service and comfort in the restaurant. The small restaurant bar has limited beer choice but, if they aren't too busy, they will usually fetch a keg beer from the adjoining Bar 27. Drink and food prices are reasonable and portions generous so all in all pretty good value for money in really pleasant traditional surroundings.

Room Tip: Read someone else's review - I haven't stayed.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for one night only, the hotel room suited me well. Everything I required, small but very compact. Nicely decorated. The showroom looked new, good quality fittings, and most of all, powerful hot shower. Only issue I had was the building is clearly very old, and there are so many stairs and corridors for a two storey building, every time I left the my room I came out downstairs in a different place. breakfast was delicious, liked the free Sunday paper to read as well.

I would definitely stay here again. The staff are all very friendly and efficient, and made me feel very welcome.

Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bridgwater
Travelodge Bridgwater M5
#27 of 28 in Bridgwater
No photo provided
BBs Letting Rooms
#8 of 11 in Bridgwater

Been to Tudor Hotel? Share your experiences!