“Nine of us in a group - nine empty plates!”
Review of The Tynte Arms Inn

The Tynte Arms Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridgwater
The Tynte Arms Inn
Ranked #13 of 30 Bridgwater B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Visited with a group of 9 on Monday evening and we had our food orders quickly taken and drinks swiftly served.. We each placed different orders and all were served, piping hot and in good time. All of us thought the food was very tasty and well presented and pretty good value with separate portions of chips & veg dished up. It was my first visit here for some years and, reading some other reviews I wonder if I was in the same pub, as I certainly had no complaints about the food. That said, we had no kids with us (see other reviews) and I did think the Landlord had very little to say but I can put up with that for a reasonable meal and good beer.
We didn't use any accomodation so can't rate that element here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 9, 2013

This pub is great for comedy value:
The landlord obviously does not need or want customers, so go!
Even better bring your kids, as he quote "hates em!"
he does not take cards for drinks, does not do food for groups, is cross if you make small talk and is very pleased when you leave.
So please if your ever in Somerset visit the Tynte Arms, and say hi to the owner, Mr. Issac Hunt. Lovely man!
Made us all very welcome when we visited and spent our money, not!

• Stayed: June 2013
8  Thank happyglamper30
Reviewed June 2, 2013 via mobile

To say children are unwelcome would be an understatement. We visited here with another family and some friends. I asked the clearly unimpressed owner for a strawer for my sons bottle of pop, his reply "I don't do strawers, it encourages children". "Are children not welcome here" my wife replied, "110% not", his response. There are other examples but I can't be bothered to waste my energy typing.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Lovely accommodation and great service. Very clean and tidy, quiet beautiful location. Fantastic value for money. Very impressed with the warm welcoming family feel. Highly recommend to others. Many thanks.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank VPRJones
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We went for a lunch with family and were a bit disappointed as it was supposed to be special lunch - the pub is very cozy inside but the food was hardly edible. My beef and veg soup was much like gravy with Sunday roast leftovers in it and I couldn't even finish. My Mum had a chicken breast with tomato and basil sauce BUT we were all really amazed how it was possible to make it taste of absolutely nothing. My husband had chicken liver pate as a starter which he really enjoyed but his main pasta with veg was something that you would cook while camping - not awful but very basic. Our wee daughter wasn't impressed either. After our experience with the mains we didn't dare risk dessert. Waitress was friendly though and maybe it was just a bad cooking day for them but we won't be eating there again. We told the waitress the chicken was barely edible and she apologised and said she would tell the chef but there was no further apology or discussion from chef or landlord.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2012

We visited the Tynte last Friday and had a wonderful experience. Situated in beautiful surroundings is this country pub/restaurant which has an extensive menu to offer for good prices and operates a great service. In particular the waiting staff are very friendly and efficient.

Would advise anyone in the area to visit. Hope you find this useful.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Four of us went for lunch! all four meals were poor! One was discribed as deep fried battered cod but what was on the plate looked like it had come from a Iceland box in the freezer and was covered in bread crumbs! the ribeye steak looked and tasted like a poor quality rump and the paninnis where soggy and lacked meat . Would not even recommend this place to my dogs the owner's attitude was disgusting and he showed no compassion or concern infact he was very grumpy rude and extremely arrogant!!! For example when my partner said to him your attitude is disgusting he replied with yes it is isn't it....

• Stayed: August 2012