Polden Vale Bed & Breakfast
$58
Sunnyside B&B(Bridgwater)
$87
Priceline
Premier Inn Bridgwater Hotel(Bridgwater)(Great Value!)
$76
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
Travelodge Taunton(Taunton)(Great Value!)
Apple Tree Hotel(Keenthorne)
TripAdvisor
The Walnut Tree Hotel(North Petherton)
  • Pool
TripAdvisor
All reviewslarge fieldb bsingle roomwarm welcomeexcellent accommodationgreat place to stayfantastic breakfaststay there againper nightdogcatsnicolatowelsloungecupboard
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is the second time we have been to this B&B and we would happily go back again. The rooms are very spacious, beautifully clean and in a country setting. It is an ideal place to explore the lovely towns of Cheddar, Glastonbury and Wells amongst many others. The breakfast is great too. A much nicer place to stay than many 'boutique' hotels and much better value too!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed here for one night over the Easter holiday period. B&B was very easy to find and had ample parking. We were warmly greeted by Thelma upon arrival and shown to our room.
Our room, the twin room was immaculately clean and nicely presented, windows faced the meadow the B&B owns (which you are welcome to walk around).

The twin room has a lovely large bathroom with bath tub and over bath shower. The bedroom is large with plenty of space and lovely high ceilings. There is also a small room with two comfy chairs to watch tv in if so desired (private to the twin room). The decor has a nice old country home feel.

Breakfast is served in the dining room which is adjacent to the twin room. We had ours at 8.15am; served by Roland who was very friendly.

The location of the B&B is excellent for exploring the local nature reserves and RSPB Ham Wall. So an ideal place for bird watchers and nature enthusiasts. Also, perfect to explore Glastonbury town if you want to be out of the main town and in the picturesque countryside. (the ample parking is an excellent highlight of this B&B having stayed in Glastonbury town many times and struggled with tight parking spaces of other B&B's!)

I would highly recommend this B&B and would look to stay here again!

Room Tip: Twin room is adjacent to dining room, breakfast is served quite early upon guests request (which was ideal for us). But may not be appreciated if a lie-in is desired.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 8, 2014

When we arrived at Polden Vale we were welcomed by Roland the owner and he showed us to our rooms and asked if we would like some fresh milk in a flask. Its lovely when you dont have use milk portions like you do in most places. This Bed and Breakfast was just lovely as every thing is on one level as my parents are quite elderly now. The place is very clean and tidy as all the staff work very hard. You have a folder in your room with a note pad and pen this comes in very useful. I had the single room that was very nice and had just been redecorated. The breakfast in the morning was lovely and served very pattiently by Roland.This place is great also if you want a little stroll before dinner, have a walk around there own field. Then you can get in your car and drive to a resturant and feel you have excersised enough.

I recommend this place if you feel like a quite break, but with also lots of lovely places in the area. Also if you are just passing through.

Thank you Roland and Thelma for the lovely 50th Birthday card and also for the lovely stay at Polden Vale.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed November 4, 2013

We stayed in the double room and at short notice had to bring our young grandson with us too. Nothing was too much trouble though, Roland just set up a camp bed on the mezzanine for him.
Breakfast was good, with great service and our grandson was very excited to have his own special big chair. The room was spacious and clean with the added bonus of towel robes and slippers! Very close to Clarks Shopping Village too! Will definitely recommend.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2013

An over night stay here was more than enough for me. I can't put my finger on it, but I just felt rather uncomfortable during my stay. The room was clean and tidy, but it was also rather dark and dingy. I had to evict several spiders before I could go to bed. ..
I did not sleep well, as I could hear the 2 water features in the garden going all night, and I kept wanting to go to the loo!
I felt breakfast at 8.30 on a Sunday morning was far too early, which left me kicking my heels around Glastonbury for a couple of hours until my next appointment at 11 am.
I wish I could say I really enjoyed it, but I'm afraid I didn't.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo