“Very Tasty Food Great service”
Review of Bower Inn

Bower Inn
Ranked #7 of 116 Restaurants in Bridgwater
Cuisines: British
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Went to the bower Inn for drinks and something to eat. it was a hot day so we decided to eat outside. My friends recommended the lasagna which was very very tasty and the salad was lovely too. Service was brilliant, prices very reasonable and surroundings beautiful, overall experience was outstanding
will definitely be going again. 5 star

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Went to the Bower Inn for Sunday lunch - we loved it, dog is lovely and friendly, food and staff were great. Well worth another visit.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

I have dined at The Bower Inn on more than one occasion,I find the staff are welcoming & a great credit. The food is by far the best standard in the area & undoubtebly quality comes first! I thoroughly enjoyed my time there and became friendly with "the house dog" I myself have had no experience of 'begging' he seems to know his place & his boundaries and is a pleasure to be greeted by on arrival :)
All round 10/10 for food,staff,the dog,& such a warm friendly environment to dine in...I look forward to my next visit :)

Reviewed May 20, 2012

A dog wandering around and passively begging for food is somewhat off-putting. The dog is apparently a permanent feature.Our soup at best was barely warm and they brought me the wrong meal at first ... apparently someone in the kitchen played a trick on the waitress.. All this could be put right. The good points are the food was excellent and premises itself were good.

2  Thank Petertheredhead
Bridgwaterkitten, Owner at Bower Inn, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. It's always great to hear positive remarks about our business. However, to address the issue with Ben our dog. We are of course, very disappointed that his presence caused you discomfort. Generally he behaves impeccably and knows he is restricted to the bar. He very rarely ventures into the restaurant and is not known for being a scrounger. Your comments suggest to us that we need to be stricter with him. As a general rule, few customers can resist saying hello to him and those that get to know him come to love him. We sincerely hope you will give us another try when you are next in the area.

Reviewed May 20, 2012

Visited with friends after booking earlier on the same day. Arrived and had to wait a while for table, but eventually got seated. The food was very nice and we had a good time, but was dissapointed to see that they let the dog walk around the restaurant area, which put us off slightly. I am an animal lover, but there's a time and a place.......

1  Thank Mark C

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. Thanks as well for the positive remarks. However, I think it is very important I respond to the remarks regarding our dog. We are deeply sorry that his behaviour during your visit prompted comment. As a rule, he keeps clear of the restaurant and is not known for his scrounging. However, clearly we need to be more vigilant. Ben the dog is generally a much loved part of the Bower Inn and guests and customers alike enjoy his company and look for him when they visit. We do hope you will give him another chance when next in the area.