“Nephews wedding”

and 1 more site!
Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Brent Knoll
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Just got back from my nephews wedding at the Battlebrough Grange, what can I say..... First the negative. Some of the rooms are quite small but that is honestly the only negative I can say. The hotel staff are extremely helpfull, the wedding was organised very well and was conducted beautifully, the food was excellent . Can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms are quite small and as a consequence can get very warm.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Vincent J, Guest relations at Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. We are very glad to hear that your enjoyed your time here. With regards to room sizes as you so rightly said some rooms are smaller than others. We do try to avoid putting more than 1 person in these rooms but unfortunately on wedding nights this cannot always be done. However it seems this did not deter from your stay. We hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding. Our room was very claustrophobic and very hot. We were there on the hottest day of the year, and when we enquired about a fan, we were told that they were all out already to other guests. In the hotel there are notices to advise you to keep your bedroom windows closed due to midgeys as the hotel is in the countryside, but it was impossible to keep the window closed in the heat.
The hotel is in need of some work, it's quite run down and although it benefits from amazing views and grounds, the rest of he hotel is very average.
I had a full English breakfast. You choose what you would like from the menu and they cook it to order which was nice, but when the breakfast arrived, it was ok. The restaurant staff were really friendly and attentive.
I guess for £50.00, this hotel is fine, but I don't think I would like to spend more than 1 night here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea L

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I would firstly like to apologise for your uncomfortable nights stay. All rooms vary in size and I'm sorry to hear that you felt too enclosed by your room. Secondly I would like thank you for your comments on our breakfast we try our hardest to provide a high quality breakfast and on this occasion in looks like we just off the mark. With regards to not opening your windows we would like to stress this is just a precaution notice and you are more than welcome to open your windows when staying at our establishment. Lastly I would like to thank you again, guest reviews are very important to us as they are what help our business to constantly improve. We have noted all your comments and hope you will return again in the future to see our improvements!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Stayed for a few days with my husband and granddaughter. We asked for a ground floor room which we received. Parking was no problem and breakfast was excellent full English cooked as you request. We cannot fault this gem of a hotel. Must say also that the staff were so very pleasant and very helpful. We will be going back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2013
Vincent J, Guest Relations at Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Thank you kindly for such a lovely review. We a very pleased to here that your stay was enjoyable and we look very forward to seeing you return again in the future!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I thought the restaurant and bar staff were very friendly and helpful, but I found the reception staff quite indifferent. No sleep at all in Room 12 due to constant noise from guests coming and going, as this room is the first room in the corridor and was very uncomfortable because of this. The interior public areas, gardens and view from the front are nice.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Im sorry to hear that other guests caused you to lose sleep. I hope that this didn't deter from you considering our establishment for use again in the future.

Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

I booked this hotel for a stop over to break the journey down to Cornwall from the East Midlands for a family holiday. The hotel is situated close to the M5 and has ample parking.

I booked over the phone a double room with an interconnecting door to a room with a bunk bed. The hotel also put a z bed in the bunk room for my 2 year old.

The double room was nicely decorated in a modern style and at the front of the hotel (road noise wasn't evident as mentioned in some other reviews). The en-suite bathroom was quite newly decorated and the shower very good.

Our rooms were above the dining room and a little noisy till 10pm when dinner service finished and when breakfast was going on, mainly due to a speaker located at ceiling height in the dining room, but not enough to cause real concern.

Breakfast was included in our room rate and was good, but a little slow coming out the kitchen although we did go down at the busiest time. The waiting staff were efficient and polite.

Overall I paid £125.00 plus a surcharge for the z bed and was happy with the facilities and the quality of the hotel.

One thing to note, at checkout the bill didn't reflect the room rate I had agreed when I booked and they tried to charge for breakfast, but when I queried this it was swiftly amended.

If you have time, the hotel is only 10 minutes from Breen Sands beach, which is a beautiful beach and gave the kids a chance to relax and play before we continued our journey to Cornwall.

• Stayed: August 2013

Thank you for such a kind review. We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the future if you are ever looking for a little stop off or even a longer stay.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had my wedding at the battleborough grange hotel. It was perfect. The day ran smooth and the food was amazing. All the guests had a lovely time.

The planning was stress free and everything i asked for was done. The room looked beautiful. I would highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

We have returned several times for food and have never been disappointed.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Vincent J, Customer Relations at Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

On behalf of all the staff at Battleborough Grange Hotel we would like thank you for such a lovely review. It was a joy for us to hold your wedding at our establishment and wish you all the best. We look forward to seeing you again over the years!

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Held my Wedding here 30 June 2013. From booking the Wedding to the day itself everything was made so simple. The price was excellent value and my actual day surpassed my expectations. Berlinda and her team were fantastic and the food and decor was excellent. Nothing is too much trouble. Every single one of our guests have raved about the venue and staff. The honeymoon suite was huge and enabled 7 of us to dress all together. Never had any problem with showers or noise and would certainly recommend The Battleborough for Weddings or a place to stay. Thank you Belinda and her team for such a special day. Michelle and Shaun Hartland

• Stayed: June 2013
Vincent J, Guest Relations at Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2013

From all staff at the Battleborough Grange Hotel we would like to thank you for choosing our establishment to hold your special day! Thank you for taking the time to write us such a lovely review and we hope to see you and your guests again in the future. It was a pleasure to have you!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Brent Knoll
#4 of 28 in Weston super Mare
Laburnum House Lodge Hotel
Laburnum House Lodge Hotel
#1 of 1 in West Huntspill

Been to Battleborough Grange Country Hotel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!