“Very nice, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Babington House

and 1 more site!
Babington House
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Babington
London
“Very nice, but expensive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as a last min get away not so long ago. The hotel and the grounds are beautiful. I loved my room. The bed was amazing. I wanted to move in! I also had a mud treatment in the spa. It was the only treatment available as everything else had been booked. I wasn't expecting much. I thought it was a throw away treatment as nobody had booked it - I was so wrong. This was one of the best treatments I've ever had AND I was met with a comp glass of bubbly afterwards. I really enjoyed my spa experience. Babington House is also very clean and the facilities are well managed. The only thing I would advise is your money can run away with you in terms of food and any extras - breakfast is roughly £10 - £15 The staff were also very accommodating and very nice. Some of the other guests/members can be stuck up their own... but the staff certainly were not and treated me very well even though I was not a member or 'looked rich' :)

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank JetsieJackson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2014

This is the 4th time we have stayed at Babington with our young children. The service is fantastic, the facilities are great and combined with the general ambience, this really is a premier destination for a luxury break.

Room Tip: Rooms are limited for families with young children, so only tip is to book early!
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Steven B
Bath, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

A beautiful location and magnificent house. Excellent reception with a tour if the facilities, and splendid complementary afternoon tea.

The room was wonderful (in the main house) with lots of touches to make your stay comfortable. I still cannot understand however, why when paying £400 a night, you would want to sit on chairs with torn and worn covers, but there you go!

The biggest disappointment was breakfast . Not well managed, and my one, small kipper was burnt and dry. The manager should go to a B & B in Bath where the breakfasts are historic, with plump tasty kippers and wonderful local ingredients.

Would I go back? Probably not!

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Johnw W
Silverstone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2014

We decided to opt for this venue to renew our wedding vows, after reading many positive reviews and in addition to the beautiful grounds this property is located in, it seemed like the ideal place to renew our wedding vows.

As this was a special occasion we booked 3 nights in a Walled Garden Room which we paid £450 per night. There are only 3 of these types of rooms available and are all located next to their Cowshed Spa which is convenient if you have an interest in the spa facilities, the other bonus is that you are able to have spa treatments in your room.

The room was nice and spacious with access to a a full Sky package which is very unusual in a hotel, the room is split into three levels with the bathroom on the ground floor, lounge on the second and the bedroom on the top floor. The room has ceiling to floor windows which is lovely as you can appreciate the views regardless of which floor you accommodate, you also have access to your own private terrace with double soaking tubs. There is a downside to this element as the terrace is not secluded and not private therefore all other residents at the hotel can view you whether you are on the terrace or in the room, which leaves you feeling rather vulnerable and uneasy.

There is a very relaxed atmosphere this hotel, the staff was friendly but I was disappointed to read within several customer reviews that the staff did not treat them with respect or courtesy due to the lack of membership. If we had received this reception we would have reminded the staff that they are not the owners of the hotel but employees employed to do their job and to be honest checked out immediately, I do hope that Babington House's service is constantly maintained.

With regard to the food, it was of a good standard with a home away from home dining experience, no dish too fancy and reasonably priced, the breakfast was sublime, a self created crate of goodies a definite highlight of the food that Babington House has to offer.

We hired a room for our wedding vow renewal, a sign was placed on the door to advise staff and residents that the room was in use but during our service a member of staff entered the room, this left my husband and I infuriated. After I had raised the incident with management they refunded us for the cost of the hire of the room but somehow the moment was tarnished.

I would visit this hotel again but for a informal occasion, it is a nice place for some well deserved rest and relaxation.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Samantha R
Westerham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2014

Relaxing here is the ultimate in luxury. Peace and quite, lovely rooms, fresh home cooked food at its best.

Get away from it all in this lovely secluded hotel, you won't regret it ! there's nothing else quite like it.

Room Tip: Ive yet to experience a bad room, they are all unique.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014

This is our favourite hotel in the UK. The grounds are spectacular, the rooms are fantastic and the service is simply great. Not everything is perfect, but it's super relaxing (incl. the Spa) and good fun.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Oliver S
Faaborg, Fyn, Denmark
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Was given an overnight stay by my sister. Total luxury. Beautiful walled garden with hot tub. Fantastic treatments - face, feet and hands - can still feel the effects now. Only hitch was too little time!

• Stayed July 2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Babington
Ston Easton Park Hotel
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel
Rookery Manor
Rookery Manor
#1 of 1 in Edingworth

Been to Babington House? Share your experiences!