“Continues to Impress”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Babington
Bath, United Kingdom
“Continues to Impress”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Thanks guys for another superb stay - from the moment we arrived to the moment we left we were so comfortable and well looked after - Room 2 in the main house was perfect with and open fire and superb furnishings - lunch was good and well priced as was dinner - very exclusive and you feel as though you are a million miles away. No complaints and cant wait to be back again.

Room Tip: Stay in the main house....its the best and I have stayed in both / Bab burger is excellent / breakfa...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
London
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Hubby & I just had our 3rd stay at Babington in the past 12 months... we have a 2 year old and his grandparents are v hands on and take him off our hands for 48 hour stints when we need some adult time....

Trust me... there's no better place to do it than at Babington....

Love the no suits policy/the understated chicness of it... wonderful rooms/linen/high tea/ambience/pools/grounds/staff/food generally/relaxed nature of it... whether you want to live in jeans/shorts or dress up a little anything really goes (other than the suits!) and it's just a wonderful escape.

We've stayed in small and big coach house rooms and this time the Stable block.... (although this was a waste as it caters for kids and we didn't have ours in the end)...

Can't wait for the next visit...........

Windsor, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Stayed in the big house in one of the larger rooms and it was lovely. Had a huge super king size bed which was very comfy and a very nice shower. Overall, nice relaxed atmosphere with great service. Had a trip to the Cowshed spa which was great. Highly recommend for a weekend getaway.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank criminy27
Dorset
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Spent two nights courtesy of a generous gift from daughter. Stayed in a large, well-furnished coach house room, with mezzanine bedroom reached by cast iron spiral staircase - which rather worryingly presents a hazard as the back of the iron/metal steps can very easily come into contact with face/head - and no padding (mentioned to staff - surprised no-one been hurt!)

Fantastic location and facilities - lovely sitting out in garden with drinks watching sun go down and ducks parade across lawn. Food great - service very patchy...seems to be little organisation, particularly at breakfast, where parts of order were forgotten/missed on each occasion. Drinks had to be sent back three times one evening as order wrongly delivered.

Corridor to room extremely dark (windowless), and on second morning corridor lights had been dimmed to non-existent, so making exit along corridor, down single step, then down steep flight of stairs potentially perilous!

While we were fortunate to be enjoying a gift, for the price of the rooms, not sure we would return unless management upped their game a little.

Andover, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I was at Babington House for a friend's wedding. I loved everything about it. The wedding was stunning and the decoration and layout was perfect. The service from the catering staff was great and the reception staff were also lovely and very professional but also happy to share a laugh with me about the size of my hangover.

I stayed in room 7 in the main house which was up in the attic. There was a huge roll top free standing bath within a sitting room plus a separate bedroom. There was a log fire which made me wish it was cold so I could have lit it.

Everything you could need is there including more than enough toiletries from their Cowshed range plus things you don't usually get like toothbrushes and toothpaste. There is also a set of hair straighteners to go along with the hairdryer.

I only really saw the main house and the lawn and wish I had had the time to explore more. A really lovely place. I just wish it was a little cheaper so I could take myself there for a weekend away.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 13, 2013

The whole experience is lovely except finding a razor and screw driver in the shower cavity. At no point did anyone come to fix anything or did they come to collect it.

I emailed them but they didn't think it was a concern enough to respond...

1 Thank SorayaS325
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Sorry Babington but what is about to follow is a luke warm review and this follows my previous scaving review of a dinner at shoreditch house, so in my head I am saying goodbye to my chance of ever being a member....is this a really stupid thing to do I ask myself or should I just be honest?...I am going to be honest....we stayed for three days and the room we got was so wonderful I jumped for joy. I had dreamed of returning to Babington for a very long time and was so excited to get there. Pros: the lovely toiletries, sheets on the bed were gorgeous, decor in the rooms, bikes, shower heads, oh those bab h shower heads! surrounding countryside, spa and gorgeous lovely swimming pools with the amazing day beds. We were blessed with fabulous weather. breakfast was great. Drinks were yummy. Service was normally good a little haphazard in places and the ladies in the herb garden spa did speak to me a little like i was a simpleton when i asked them a few questions. Bigger cons: flies everywhere. Inside in the restaurants. Little fruit flies and also big blue bottles. Dead ones on the windows. What was going on? I expect that from pubs with low hygiene standards not five star hotels. We had a dead wasp in our room for three days by the telephone which was left there even though we were visited by the cleaner daily. I started to wonder if they were making a point?! Bikes are wonderful but limited numbers. You must do the cycle path trip into the countryside.....if you get up early enough to get one of the five bikes in the shed. Communal areas are too small and oversubscribed so there is no where to sit. Also the clientele seems more jeremy clarkson now a days and bankers with their wives then glitzy young and trendy like i remember and think of when i think of soho house. Majority of people there were late 30/40s. I felt like a spring chicken! It is still good for shamelessly rubbernecking to spot celebrities although everyone tries to pretend they aren't. The slight look of disappointment when people realise you aren't off the telly is still quite funny. Also it was unlucky for him but the waiters kept accidentally putting their fingers in my husbands food when they put it down. He still ate it but had a right moan through dinners and lunches when it happened. The food although good was quite average. Brekkie not as good as soho house or a patch on soho west hollywood and not as good as last time i went. There are just two magazines to chose from if your female (harpers vogue) and the dvd library is now tired. So if you kill the flies, buy more bikes, have a bigger selection of films, mags, up the food standards, turn down a few jeremy clarksons as members and remove the dead insects from people's rooms Babington is still top notch once in a life time country hotel trip that you will humble brag about and drop into conversation, but it made me realise there are other better more cheaper places I have stayed more recently that pip it to the post. Babington you are still pretty, romantic and lovely but could do with a spruce and a wash. Oh i also forgot to say you hear the neighbours and if they like to party be prepared to be kept awake. Goodness this review really isnt that good is it? But it so could have been.....also please bring back the hammocks! I went on about those and were disappointed to see they are no longer there.

5 Thank Julia7249
Also consider these accommodations in or near Babington
Ston Easton Park Hotel
Best Western Plus Centurion Hotel
Rookery Manor
Rookery Manor
#1 of 1 in Edingworth

Been to Babington House? Share your experiences!