“lovely setting shame about the food.”
Review of Old Vicarage

Old Vicarage
Ranked #3 of 7 Restaurants in Worfield
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 21, 2010

All I can say is that the prices charged were far too high for the quality of food we had.
The amouse bouche which was a soup was warm . My starter which was a pasta/pumpkin with goats cheese was poor with a thin slice of goats cheese presented uncooked in the centre of the plate. We all had beef, although I like to eat beef medium rare ours were extremely rare. Three of us had the cheese which was a disappointment as we were not able to choose what cheese we wanted. My husband enjoyed his dessert which was a panacotta. My husband wanted to treat his sister for a special meal as she had just retired but we were embarresed we chose this restaurant.

Reviewed May 3, 2010

This is a restaurant run by people who know what they are doing. And they do it very well.

Reviewed January 18, 2009

My girlfriend and I went to the Old Vicarage restaurant on a friday night and both had a brilliant evening.

Firstly the setting - The restaurant is set in an orangery, with small orange trees set around the room.

The Food - You can choose either 2 courses (£38), 3 courses (£45), or a taster menu (£55). We opted for the 3 course, which infact turned out to be 5 courses, with the complementary cup of soup, and a lovely pre-desert. the food is outstanding, and presented perfectly. The waiting staff are very knowledgable and helpful. Definately worth its 3 AA Rosettes.

I will definately be returning here for a special occasion.

2  Thank Oli_M_1980