“It is the best Indian in 5mile radius!”
Review of Candle Night - CLOSED

Candle Night
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Eaten here twice now and not been disappointed yet!
One mishap with missing chicken in kp and chicken madras but they were very apologetic and repaid us with a free round of drinks! Food fantastic

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I noticed the Candle Night advert in the E&S which suggested that it regards itself as a high class restaurant, and so I was duly tempted add it to the list.
It was the Sat before bonfire night, we suspected everywhere would be quiet and were right, at 7.30pm we were the only customers apart from two take-outs. Two more tables arrived at 8.30pm but needless to say the atmosphere was a bit lacking.
The outside of the building doesn't give a clue as to what lies inside which looks like a modern take on a barn conversion. Newly done, the decor is clean and bright with vivid colours, there are some nice touches but also a couple of rough edges. I feel the Koi pond is out of place and not really appropriate for the restaurant or the Koi for that matter. To me the feel is a little "cold", not helped by the glass tables which tend to be noisy. The Candle Night has a sister restaurant in Old Hill which is very similar, pity the owner couldn't have been tempted to experiment a little. "Beauty is in the eye......" and so more importantly on to the food & service. Our waiter was pleasant enough but perhaps could have known a little more about the dishes on the menu, this wasn't really an issue because like most customers we already new what we were having.
The poppadoms & tray were very good and you could see that a little extra effort had been taken. This effort carried on into the onion bhaji & sheekh kebab starters, complete with a nice side salad, sizzler and copious amount of fried onions which we both thought were very good.
Unfortunately both the main courses, a CT dopiaza & CT sagwalla, were a little "thin" in taste for our preferences and although pleasant did not have the depth of flavour we like. Portions were generous and they were nicely presented. The sides of rice, G&C nan & were all excellent. We found room for desserts the wife had a mint bomb which had a "budget" taste to it and was pricey for what it was, however my banana fritter was excellent.
Service was pleasant and prompt throughout and overall it was a reasonable night. The food isn't quite fine dining but reckon it would please most. I suspect that for the Tandoori / CT Masalla wallas it may well be better and the final bill is not unreasonable.
I think the C N it is better than average but with no "Good" score available I would have been a little too generous with 4 stars as the main courses were a little disappointing for our preference.

1  Thank CurryholicDudley
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We tried Candle Nights on recommendation, and were not disappointed. The food was good, with some little bit out of the ordinary dishes. Service was polite throughout, though one or two staff seemed a bit confused as to who's food was whose, and we did have a bit of a wait for a drink. The restaurant has had a makeover since being taken over, and largely for the good. It's brighter and modern, though I felt perhaps a little bit too bright - not a cosy atmosphere, but nothing to really complain about.

On the whole we would recommend Candle Nights. Possibly the only thing it has against it is that we have so many good Indian restaurants around us that it's not always going to be our first choice - but is unlikely to be the last either.

1  Thank fillyk
Reviewed September 16, 2012

Just visited this place for the first time . It was advertised as open but was actually closed.
Can't say I'll be making too much of an effort to return when there are good Indian restaurants in Bridgnorth which are open when they say they are.
Can't score accurately having not eaten there so I have scored 3 for each so please ignore the figures

1  Thank Njshack
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was traveling North from Luton with my family, and I saw this restaurant. When we entered we were greeted by friendly staff, who took us to our seats. The restaurant has a modern, bright feel, and It was pretty busy. We ordered some Tandoori mix kebab for our starters, which was exquisite. The Sheek kebab was nice and succulent, and for a price of 3.95, very good value! The service was a bit delayed, but well worth the wait. The main course (a fusion house speciality) was amazing. Definitely the best around! The Waiters were very friendly, and provided a high chair for our child. Suprisingly they offer limousine and bentley services for their customers. I highly recommend this outstanding restaurant.

3  Thank Ubaid h