“Christmas dinner”
Review of Royal Bengal Tandoori - CLOSED

Royal Bengal Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Bangladeshi, Balti, Eastern European
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Spice Of Shifnal is committed to bringing you a delicious array of Indian cuisine by using only the freshest and carefully selected ingredients from across the Indian sub-continent. It is our aim to deliver a sophisticated dining experience and captivating food with great taste. Spice Of Shifnal is a stylish, fully licensed, quality restaurant serving traditional Indian and Bangladeshi recipes. We will delight you by celebrating the heritage of Indian cuisine infused with a modern twist. We have created a comprehensive range of contemporary and traditional dishes using recipes and techniques perfected through years of experience, and presented with a unique taste that is full of colour, flavour and vibrancy. We invite you to come and enjoy the Spice Of Shifnal experience with us.
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Christmas dinner”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We went as a family to the Royal Bengal for Christmas Dinner on Christmas Day. We cannot fault the staff for their welcome and their generous Christmas spirit. The food ordered in advance was superb and the staff attentive. They even made extra fuss over my daughter which made the day even more special for her.
We will definitely be booking again for next year. Excellent value, fantastic food with generous portions. Ten out of ten!

• Visited December 2012

“Very tasty, good price lovely staff.”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

We travelled from wolverhampton on recommendation for our daughters birthday I must say I have been in a few Indian restaurants in wolverhampton and Walsall but you food was well above those it was fantastic the staff were very nice and prices very reasonable we will be travelling again Thankyou for such nice food..

“SIMPLY THE BEST”
Reviewed December 13, 2012 via mobile

Food is mouth watering. i havent had an indian as good as this since i left midlands 25years ago. The freash spices are ooowwww and the tender meat.the thought makes my mouth water.most indians iv tried even here in telford must buy their curry sauce from bookers but this place is just SIMPLY THE BEST.

Bath
“Adequate for the surroundings”
Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

On reading some of the reviews I was a little surprised as the place is highly rated by many. whilst the food was acceptable I did not believe of the highest quality although the portion sizes were large (eg rice) The garlic nan was only just passable (not hot and bubbly -perhaps not just freshly removed from the tandoor?). the restaurant is a little tired and due for a make over. Staff very pleasant. Not exceptional.

Brussels, Belgium
“Even outranks my local curry house.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I like to eat here at least once per week. I started at Shifnal Balti, but having been there a couple of times, there was still no recognition nor pleasantries from the staff - not essential, but always makes the experience a little nicer.
The guys at Royal Bengal not only remember me by name, they remember my favourite wine and are always happy to ensure I get a great meal everytime. The cheese naan is something that I have to order every time. It simply cannot be surpassed.
Even the hotter dishes, whilst spicy, still have a bounty of flavour to behold. Each dish being lovingly refired at the table in their respective metal dishes (I would said Korai, but I'm not sure these metal containers are all Korai by nature).
My only concern is that is my local curry house is no longer anything special. I would even consider the 2 hour drive to Shifnal just to get a superb curry when I no longer work locally.
Go there and you won't regret it.

• Visited November 2012