“Adequate for the surroundings”
Review of Royal Bengal Tandoori - CLOSED

Royal Bengal Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Spice Of Shifnal is committed to bringing you a delicious array of Indian cuisine by using only the freshest and carefully selected ingredients from across the Indian sub-continent. It is our aim to deliver a sophisticated dining experience and captivating food with great taste. Spice Of Shifnal is a stylish, fully licensed, quality restaurant serving traditional Indian and Bangladeshi recipes. We will delight you by celebrating the heritage of Indian cuisine infused with a modern twist. We have created a comprehensive range of contemporary and traditional dishes using recipes and techniques perfected through years of experience, and presented with a unique taste that is full of colour, flavour and vibrancy. We invite you to come and enjoy the Spice Of Shifnal experience with us.
Reviewed November 19, 2012

On reading some of the reviews I was a little surprised as the place is highly rated by many. whilst the food was acceptable I did not believe of the highest quality although the portion sizes were large (eg rice) The garlic nan was only just passable (not hot and bubbly -perhaps not just freshly removed from the tandoor?). the restaurant is a little tired and due for a make over. Staff very pleasant. Not exceptional.

There are newer reviews for Royal Bengal Tandoori

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I like to eat here at least once per week. I started at Shifnal Balti, but having been there a couple of times, there was still no recognition nor pleasantries from the staff - not essential, but always makes the experience a little nicer.
The guys at Royal Bengal not only remember me by name, they remember my favourite wine and are always happy to ensure I get a great meal everytime. The cheese naan is something that I have to order every time. It simply cannot be surpassed.
Even the hotter dishes, whilst spicy, still have a bounty of flavour to behold. Each dish being lovingly refired at the table in their respective metal dishes (I would said Korai, but I'm not sure these metal containers are all Korai by nature).
My only concern is that is my local curry house is no longer anything special. I would even consider the 2 hour drive to Shifnal just to get a superb curry when I no longer work locally.
Go there and you won't regret it.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

The menu is reasonably priced and the food is very good - the locals recommended the place - they were not wrong

Reviewed October 26, 2012

Excellent traditional curry house ,food plentiful , fresh,tasty with a bite - what more do you want ? Easily the best curry house in Shifnal /Albrighton area .Am regular now and I like to think I know my currys - well up there with the best curry houses in Wolves and Birmingham !

Reviewed September 18, 2012

Absolutly mouth wateringly yummmy. lovely freshly cooked. You can so taste the difference from the horrible jar rubbish that some restaurants give you. although i have take away,the delivery guy is alway polite and friendly. If you want a REAL indian you must try this place.

1  Thank mygodreins