You get the impression that Haughton Hall has big intentions but, unfortunately, it comes over as a slightly tired, average hotel that's trying hard but is some way from being simply good let alone exceptional. We were here for a family wedding and stayed overnight after the reception. The wedding was well run and the wedding breakfast was nice, if not exceptional. The bar is the one area of the hotel that has been modernised and is very nice. The bar staff are friendly, the service good and the prices fair. The hotel accommodation is spread over the original hall and a new block added in the 50's/60's I'm guessing. In some ways it's best to be staying in the new block as at least then you don't have to look at it. Our room, 34, was of a reasonable size with a great en-suite shower and comfortable bed. No complaints there. Our breakfast was pretty good, particularly the full english, which could be tailored to exactly as you wanted it. If I was being really fussy I would say please don't serve the cheap brown sauce which tasted like almost pure vinegar, spending just a few pence more on some proper HP really would make a difference! We didn't use any of the leisure facilities so can't review them. Overall fine, especially if you're only paying a flying visit like us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the quiet beauty of rural Shropshire, dating from 1718, Haughton Hall has been decorated with timeless style and situated in 35 acres of gardens, woodlands and boasts a lake. An ideal wedding venue location, our relaxing accommodation, spacious public rooms, intimate bar and elegant restaurant create an atmosphere of refined comfort second to none. Haughton Hall enjoys a well stocked coarse fishing pool, and an outdoor tennis court. These are just a few more of the facilities available to you. A weekend break at Haughton Hall offers you the perfect retreat break and the ideal location to immerse yourself in the tranquil and peaceful surroundings of beautiful Shropshire. When staying as our guest at Haughton Hall, you can also enjoy full use of our Leisure Facilities free of charge. Our leisure club has a delightful Swimming Pool, Jacuzzi, Sauna, Steam Room and Multi Gym. Open first thing in the morning it is perfect for a refreshing swim before you start your day or a great stress buster after a busy day. We look forward to welcoming you Nicola Mason - Hotel Manager ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA and Hotel.de so you can book your Haughton Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haughton Hall Shifnal, Shropshire
- Haughton Hall Hotel Shifnal