“haughton hall hotel”
Review of Haughton Hall

Haughton Hall
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
Reviewed October 27, 2012

What a fantastic hotel, excellent value for money. We were lucky to be allocated a four poster bedroom it was a very large room overlooking the back lawns. The swimming pool and jacuzzi was excellent and also a fabulous sauna all free to residents. The staff were extremely friendly and could not do enough for you. My sister in law as allocated a suite that was fabulous. The breakfast was freshly cooked and a very good choice. Definately will be stopping there again!!

Room Tip: Four poster rooms
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 18, 2012

Overall we had a fantastic time. Our room was on the small side but the beds were comfy and the room and bathroom were clean. The shower was really powerful and the view over the lawns in the morning was beautiful.

Breakfast was superb, one morning it was table service and the second was buffet style although they didn't have poached eggs on the buffet section I asked the waitress if it was possible and she brought me two out, which was a nice touch.

The only downside is it could do with a freshen up, the corridors looked a bit tired and smelt musty but it looks like they have recently refurbished the bar which was nice.

We also used the pool on the Sunday, which was fab! Towels are 60p which was fine but the changing rooms could do with updating.

Overall, for what we paid it was well worth the money!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Sophie M
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Really enjoyed my night there - lovely to wake up to a sauna and a lovely breakfast!

I found the staff to be friendly and helpful. A really good weekend was had by me and all my friends (and there were a hell of a lot of us!)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here during summer 2012 and was absolutely brilliant. Lovely setting and the staff were all extremely polite and helpful at all times.

The grounds of the hall are lovely and facilities well maintained throughout. Would recommend to anyone thinking about staying here.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Fantastic sized rooms and great service rcvd
the grounds were amazing and very picturesque.
The rooms have a fantastic historic feel due to the decor very romantic.
Recommend to anyone.
The food was brilliant the breackfast was to die for will certainly be revisiting again

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I stayed here for work, with a number of colleagues. We didn't get to the hotel uintil 9.20, and the dining room was shut, so we were told to order food as soon as we got to our rooms to ensure we were fed...
Walked up to our room, which seemed like the longest walk ever, and ordered the food straight away.
The decor of the room was dated, and to be honest, it was a little dirty, the windows were filthy, and I couldn't watch the TV as the signal was so bad.
The room service arrived at my room, which was only a sandwich, and I placed my tray outside of the room, and went to sleep. When I went to meet my boss for breakfast, I opened the door to see that the tray was still outside my door, which I thought was a little off putting.
We navigated our was yop brekfast, and my boss ordered bacon and egg. No word of a lie, a plate came out with 1 egg, and 1 piece of bacon. It was very disappointing, and summed up our whole trip really.
The hotel just needs to be updated, as I think it could be a beautiful hotel, and would love to come back and see it uo to scratch.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2012

Arranged a quick romantic get away on the morning of the 12th Sept, found this hotel on a late bookings website at a discount rate - despite the discount the reviews on the hotel website were portraying the hotel to be a fantastic retreat and the pictures looked amazing.

On arrival we were immediately disappointed as the front of the hotel looked like something out of a college campus and the actual entrance was certainly nothing to write home about, very bland and looked very unwelcoming. The entrance door was actually closed and was a struggle to open it. On entering the hotel it got a little bit better, it was clear hat this was a building with history and had a old feel to it. It was difficult to find the reception room but got there after 5 minutes looking.

The staff did not really seem that interested and not evening a "welcome", just a "yes". The checkin was rushed, despite nobody else waiting to be checked in with very little information given about the hotel of facilities on offer at the hotel. Not only did we feel unwelcomed but felt that we had 'disturbed' the reception staff.

The two females certainly did not give the right impression and were not, in my opinion, suitably dressed. I have seen better uniforms and presentation in some lost cost budget hotels.

After been given extremely quick instructions on where the room was located we managed to find it after a little looking. The room was standard and nothing spectacular as promised or pictured on the website. I actually felt that we had been missold the room by the website.

The room was dated and in desperate need for a refresh - there are actual cracks in the wall and poly-filler where walls have been damaged, wouldn't be so bad but it needs to be finished off. The bed appeared to be nice but when sat on it with my partner it creaked badly which disturbed us both throughout the night.

The bathroom was a nice surprise considering but I expected a lot more for the money we paid. All in all I would not recommend this hotel to anyone unless you want to be ripped off.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Wayne C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Park House Hotel
Holiday Inn Telford - Ironbridge
Best Western Valley Hotel
Best Western Valley Hotel
#1 of 3 in Ironbridge

Been to Haughton Hall? Share your experiences!