“Don't bother” 1 of 5 bubbles

Henri's Brasserie
Ranked #12 of 31 Restaurants in Shifnal
Cuisines: British, Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
crewe
“Don't bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012 via mobile

Went today for a meal 18/11/12 and what a disappointment, the beef was over cooked, the service was crap, we got half out meals then waitresses served other tables before bringing reminding food out. Wen ask to speak to manager they were not available as told waitress wanted to complain. Shall not be visiting again that's for sure and we were only a party of 6, can't even deal with that crap

1 Thank john r

United Kingdom
“Nice evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

Went to henri's with its French theme great service and a nice atmosphere the salmon wasn't really for me but that's me there wasn't really anything wrong with the food. Pleased with the price, there were little things I could pick flys with so keep the staff on there toes even when it's quiet !

Brussels, Belgium
“Lovely venue, poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived with a colleague to a lovely venue with lots of space and pleasant ambient lighting. I work away, eat out every evening and always like to find somewhere to relax.
Unfortunately it went downhill from there. The menu seemed fine - we both ordered the madeira seak, basically a steak sat on a toasted, pate'd bread with a madeira sauce.
My colleague wanted to change the offered potato mash for chips. An easy change and the waitress went off with the order.
The order arrived. My colleagues order had now changed to a regular steak with chips whilst, I was lucky enough to get my order. After some arguing with the waitress over what had been ordered (already a bad sign) the compromise was made to simply add the madeira sauce to his dish.
The steak in the first place was overdone. I ordered rare, it was more medium to well done. Again, the waitress argued that given the cut of the steak (it was flat as is generally the case) it would have been impossible to make it rare. I wondered if the steak had other dimensions that I was unaware of... I gave up arguing in favour of drinking some more wine, hoping the experience was a dream. My colleagues 'chips' were pale greasy and cold, although at this stage, I think he'd given up the will to argue also.
The pate that my steak resided upon, was more a sort of unpleasant cat food mash - after one taste, I moved the steak away from the disgusting thing and focused upon the overcooked, but un-cat-food-like steak.
It's a great shame - it has the ambience, it has a nice bar area, however the food is shocking.
Avoid and go to Fennels instead. If you can't get a place at Fennels, buy a sandwich at the supermarket...

Visited November 2012
Shropshire, United Kingdom
“Second opinion was required.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We last visited Henri's back in January and gave the restaurant a top rating.
Returning two eeks ago, we found that there had been a small re-adjustment of tables, and that the staff had changed somewhat, but the biggest difference was in the menu (and I include the specials in this) which seemed to have a less bistro, more restaurant feel. It was a change for the better.
Our meals were mouthwateringly delicious, so good in fact that we went back the following weekend just to check if it had been a one off (we were squeezed in despite being fully booked).
I can now say it is at least a two-off, brilliant again.
Staff were attentive, but not intrusive.
60quid for two people for three courses and a bottle of wine. There is nowhere anywhere near Shifnal with anything like the quality and value provided by Henri's.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank AnIdiotAnywhere
LOUGHBOROUGH
“Nice bar/restaurant in central Shifnal”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Great little bistro with a good chef and average waiting staff. The beer is good, the food excellent, and the menu just the right length - long enough to find something for everyone, but short enough that you can be confident that the food is fresh.

Visited October 2012