“Comfortable hotel with great breakfast”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
welton
“Comfortable hotel with great breakfast”
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

S tale of two hotels - old style with character in the main hotel and a new build extension with several well equipped rooms.
Food in restaurant is good if a bit pricey, bar meals are great quality and value.
Breakfast is superb quality and great choice.
Several restaurants in Shifnal for a change.
Nice village location.
Will return.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank welton
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the Park House Hotel.

Thank you for all your kind comments with regards to food and service, especially breakfast! Please be assured your kind remarks will be passed on to the team.

Delighted to see you will be returning to the Park House and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Richard Jones - General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
UK
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

What a perfect day! Massive thanks to all of the staff, so professional, friendly & helpful. You made our day so relaxed & just how we wanted it. The food was fab & we had great feedback from our guests. From our arrival, to room set up, everything ran so smoothly! Big thanks to Hayley, Nick, Adam, Richard & everyone else, would recommend you without hesitation. Mr Gee was an awesome DJ & gave us the perfect end to our very special day. Thanks guys, we'll be back! Love Anna & Simon x

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Anna & Simon,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent wedding at the hotel.

I am delighted to see you had a memorable day and thank you for all your kind comments with regards to service and staff. Please be assured your kind remarks will be passed on to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Richard
Stourport, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Me and my partner came here for the Valentine Gala Dinner and stayed over for the night. From start to finish, all staff were attentive, helpful and friendly. We were made to feel comfortable and relaxed on our stay and that nothing was of too much trouble. The restaurant and bar staff were incredibly helpful and service was excellent (especially from one female who we believed to be restaurant supervisor), we were certainly very looked after. The hotel overall was great and the food was very well presented and tasteful. Breakfast time was also made easy enough, no fuss. We will definately come/stay here again :)

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Jade25lou
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review further to your visit to the Park House Hotel on Valentine's Day.

Please be assured your kind comments will be passed on to the team. It is only with such comments such as your were by we can truly assess our food and service standards and I am delighted to see we did not disappoint and you enjoyed the experience of our Valentines day from start to finish!

Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 15, 2014

My fiancé arranged a package here for the night of valentines and the hotel really thought of every details to make it special what with champagne in the room, petals and hearts sprinkled on the bed, robes and candles it was a fantastic first impression. The Restaurant had a lovely ambience and the food was excellent. The bedroom we were allocated was in the main house with ample space and comfortable. After the 5 course meal in Butlers, the tribute band and disco we returned to the room to find all the candles lit and strawberries dipped in chocolate. The staff and venue really is superb for any stay or event. We will continue to use the hotel time and time again as they never fail to impress.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review further to your visit to the Park House Hotel on Valentines Day.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed the experience and thank you for all your kind comments, please be assured it will be passed onto the team. Comments such as yours only enhances morale and performance, thank you.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park House in the not too distant future.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 9, 2014

Our second Christmas break at the Park House was as enjoyable as the first - a wonderful combination of accommodation, food, attentive and friendly staff, and ambience. Hotel conveniently located for visits to Ironbridge and the Severn Valley Railway.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit.

Thank you for your kind comments regarding your experience and please be assured this will be relayed to my team.

Metro Manila, Philippines
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I spent a week at Park House on a residential course with work but I wouldn't go back there again. Although the hotel tries very hard, it does look very tired. Speaking to other colleagues, it would appear all the rooms have single glazing windows, which doesn't help in winter and with sleep. On my first night, the radiator in my room did not work but I was given a different room when I raised it - fair play.
My main complaint is with food though - I specifically requested a vegetarian option but everything was served together on the same plate. I ended up with a ham quiche thinking it was a veggie option - luckily i spotted it in time. I made a complaint and the food was immediately separated but the damage had already been done for me... Similar 2nd incident happened on our last day. We had people from India who do not eat beef and they were served a chili... The place does not appear to be well geared up with different dietary requirements...
Lastly the waiters... apart from one young lad at breakfast, the rest of them looked like we were bothering them - a smie would have been nice every now and again!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the Park House Hotel.

Please be assured your comments have been taken very seriously regarding the quality of food and service and I will discuss the points you raise with my team.

Regards

BEDFORD
Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed at the Park House Hotel to attend a club organised event. The room wasn't that large, but adequate for 2 nights stay. However, we soon discovered the heating wasn't working. A call was made to reception, to be told someone would come over to sort it out. No one did come and when I mentioned it while ordering drinks in the bar, I was told they had a new boiler which needed setting up. It was working by the following morning, but I feel they should have told us there was a problem at the time. I discovered later that it affected all the rooms in our block and some of our party had in fact been given alternative rooms!
On the Saturday night, there was a back-to Christmas themed dinner dance, where the service was a little slow and disjointed, but considering the vast number of people eating wasn't surprising.
Overall, apart from a few minor niggles, it was good.

Room Tip: If there is a function taking place, on of the annex rooms would be quieter, but there is a repetiti...