“Fabulous night away :)”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Having stayed in over Christmas and New Year myself and my husband were suffering a little "cabin fever" so we booked an overnight stay at the hotel.
We booked the night before and had a bit of a bargain! We arrived at 3pm to be greeted by lovely reception staff who informed us our room was ready. What a lovely surprise! Room 35 was so spacious,HUGE bed,tea,coffee,dressing area,spotless bathroom...we were chuffed :)
We went straight to the spa which we had to ourselves which was fabulous! We made a dinner reservation and had the restaurant to ourselves and the food was gorgeous!!!! I had the pan fried chicken and my husband the red snapper....divine. We were told that there was a re-run of New Years Eve with fireworks at midnight which we watched from the comfort of our room.
Breakfast was equally as lovely as dinner. Fresh coffee,toast,pasties,cereal,yoghurt,fruit,juice, everything you could possibly want and the cooked breakfast....well put it this way,we didn't need any lunch that day lol.
To sum up,it was a lovely change from the norm and because it's only 40 mins from us,we will definitely do it again. Thanks to all the staff who made our night special :)

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and for all your kind comments.

Please be assured your comments and observations will be passed on to the team. It is only with such comments such as yours were by we can truly assess our standards and truly inspires morale.

I do hope to welcome you back to the Park House in the not too distant future

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 3, 2014

We booked this hotel on a New Years Eve package and as a short honeymoon break. We arrived early to make use of the spa facilities before checking in to our room. At reception we were greeted by 2 lovely ladies and advised the room was ready for us and a porter would help with the luggage. While my new Wife was having a look at the Hotel information I asked the receptionist if it would be possible to place some balloons, banners and confetti in the room for me, The receptionist said this would be no problem and she would arrange it when we were in the spa. I also asked if they could play a request for my wife at the Gala dinner that evening, again she said she would arrange this for us. So we made our way to our room (room 3). When the Porter opened the door for us we were both surprised at the lovely room they had allocated to us and that they had provided a complimentary half bottle of Champagne and rose petals scattered on the bed. The room was so spacious and decorated beautifully and standard of cleanliness very good. We then made our way to the spa but decided to take advantage of the complimentary afternoon tea provided in the package. It was a rolling self serve buffet with tea, coffee, superb fresh sandwiches with quality fillings and cakes, scones jam and cream of a quality that would match any Luxury hotel. We then spent an hour in the Spa which was adequate but a little dated and a Jacuzzi that needed a hand rail fitting as we both slipped into it when entering. We returned to our room to find that the staff had made a lovely job of placing the balloons, banners and confetti for us. After having a short rest we went down to the Gala drinks reception for pre dinner champagne and canapés. We were greeted by friendly smiley faced staff who made a great effort to create a party atmosphere from the off. We were shown to our table before the evening compare fired into his routine which soon had everyone in the party spirit before the 5 course dinner was served. Having attended and organised large functions I was amazed at the superb standard of food served and the 1st class service of the waiters and waitresses it was exceptional value for the package price we paid. The evening entertainment was also excellent as they had a Gary Barlow tribute act who dedicated the 2nd song to my new Wife and invited us up on the dance floor in front of all the other seated guests ( to who I must apologise for my awkward shuffle around the dance floor). The tribute act was superb and the compare/DJ who followed kept the party in full swing. We were also lucky as we were seated next to a lovely family who really made our evening. The next morning the hotel provided a breakfast/brunch upto midday which was very welcome after the previous late night finish.
Having worked as a hotel Manager I can not praise or thank the front of house staff the Chef`s and Management of this hotel for providing such a great experience at the Gala dinner and making the start of our married life full of great memories.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your stay on New Years Eve.

Thank you for your comments regarding the experience of your stay and congratulations! Please be assured your comments will be passed on to the team.

I can also confirm our Leisure Facilities will be updated this year and internal refurbishment is planned for February.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park House in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed January 2, 2014

It was that time of year again and as our party had been booked here, living so far away we opted to have some tipple and stay over.

Welcome was warm and friendly, prompt without being curt.

First surprise, the room. Given my experience the previous year paying London prices - the price of the double room booked was unbelievably good value. An excellent price for a large (very) room with a huge double bed, and even a small study/dressing area. Very impressive.

As far as parties go, the food was excellent. I had opted for the beef as I am not a great fan of turkey and was pleasantly surprised at the portions of the dinner offered. I was fulfilled and ready for an evening of alcoholic consumption and dancing.

Getting back to the room was a blur but a good night sleep was very easy in the comfortable bed. Room was warm and quiet.

Second surprise, the breakfast. Service was a little slow at first but once we we had ordered everything was good. But my favourite bit, despite there being a wedding party - our full-English breakfasts were hot and delicious.

Check-out was friendly and prompt.

This is a jewel in Shifnal - a genuine value-for-money hotel. I refuse to use the word cheap as it felt like a more expensive hotel. If you are visiting the Ironbridge area and you have a car - I would definitely recommend this hotel over some vastly over-rated, vastly over-expensive hostelries in the area.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the Park House Hotel on New Years Eve.

Thank you for all your kind comments and please be assured your kind remarks will be passed on to the team.

I do look forward to welcoming you back to the Park House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 29, 2013

Hotel is a combination of old and newr structures cobled together. Room had no heating and they could not supplu supplementary heaing although they said in print it may be available. Conclusion - a know problem they fai to fix. As a resident I was unable to reserve a table for dinner therfore had to eat out. Bar food was nort available

Room Tip: Do not go in colder temperatures and book dinner well ahead of visit
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Please be assured your comments relating to the heating issue have been looked into. Further to a duiscussion with my Duty Manager, we unfortunately were unable to locate a portable heater but did offer to a room move.

I am sorry you were unable to reserve a table in the Restaurant, the Restaurant was fully booked the evening of your stay but we were still able to offer a table in the bar or room service.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

Great service. Rooms are really big including a fridge and a walk in dressing area. For the price you pay you won't beat the price. The breakfast was very nice too loved the sausages! The location was perfect close to local pubs and restaurants. The staff were very helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: December 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review further to your recent stay.

I am delighted to see you enjoyed your visit to the Park House and thank you for all your kind comments, be assured I will relay your kind remarks onto my team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Park House in the not too distant future.

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Not really a fan of large parties in hotels as never quite sure what to expect!
However on arrival there was a very festive snow machine and for those that wanted a photo on Santa's knee!
When I went into the bar area I was shocked to see the amount of tables and chairs that were going to be filled and following the experience at another hotel in Telford I was beginning to worry again about the meals. When we were seated one of the staff started a christmas game (again not my thing) but he was right it got everyone in the christmas mood.
The starters were bought out very quickly after this and although everyone seemed to finish it quickly there wasn't any rushing to take your plates away, it all felt very nice. The main course was beautiful, I opted for the vegetarian and my colleagues had both the turkey and the beef - the beef looked like a fillet steak and I am told both of these were lovely too. Desert was also lovely.
The meal was followed by a band who had everyone on the dance floor and then a disco.
All in all a very enjoyable evening. Well done to the staff as the coped fantastically and all had a smile on their faces.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to write a review.

Please be assured all your kind comments will be passed on to my team and I am delighted to see you enjoed your Christmas Party.

Reviewed December 15, 2013

This was a nice hotel that got booked last minute. Nice room in their cottages that was clean, well equipped and comfortable.

Bar was nice, if anything a little too busy especially with football on.

Only downside - restaurant. Food was only average in my view. Fish was overlooked with crunchy (and I mean crunchy!) batter.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
heritageproperties, General Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review and for your kind comments relating to your bedroom and the hotel Bar.

I will obviiously discuss the issue you raise in reference to the food with my Head Chef.

Richard Jones - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Haughton Hall
Haughton Hall
#1 of 4 in Shifnal
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Park Inn by Radisson Telford

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!