Park House Hotel
Haughton Hall(Shifnal)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Pool
All reviewsbutlers restaurantthe cottageswedding partywedding receptionbridal suitewedding breakfastmain buildingduty managerlovely hotelraf cosfordhuge bedlots of characterfollowing morningvery pleasant staycourse mealafternoon teafull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Because we live in Shifnal we wanted to get married in the town. The Park House Hotel didn't let us down. Hayley looked after us with the planning and answered all our questions and made it a lot easier than it might have been. Apart from a couple of glitches the day before everything went well and Nick made sure that everything ran realy smoothly. We hired two rooms and they were perfect for both the day and night part of the wedding. All aspects of the wedding fitted together well. Both the wedding breakfast and the food for the evening were very good and everbody said that they enjoyed what they ate. I stayed the nighr before in one of the cottage rooms which was very comfortable and peaceful. We had Suite 2 for the wedding night which was spacious and well equipped. The bottle of bubbly was welcome. We also had to have the windows open as it was very hot! We had a shared breakfast with those guests who stayed the night. All in all a great place to stay and have a wedding. Everyone enjoyed themselves.

Room Tip: The cottage rooms at the back of the hotel are good and are quieter, especially if there is a wedding on!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and many thanks for all your kind comments. Please be assured your kind comments will be passed on to my team.

I am delighted you had a special day to remember and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the not too distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was my third visit to this hotel and I will be coming back despite some of the hotels short comings.Many of the areas are past there sell by dates and in need of refurbishment. The bar area is downright scruffy in parts and a lot of the paintwork is chipped and scuffed. The bar and restaurant lacks atmosphere and the drinks are definitely "Hotel" priced. However the staff are excellent. They are polite.cheerful and helpful and a credit to the management. The breakfast was hearty English style and to my personal taste. Could do with a better choice of eggs. My latest stay was in one of the "cottage" rooms which was clean cosy and well appointed. Loads of hot water and firm but comfortable bed .... works for me.

Room Tip: I prefer the cottage rooms. Tend to be more updated and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for talking the time to writea review further to your recent visit.

Please be assured your comments regarding the decor and appearance of Butlers Bar is being taken seriously. I have regular meetings with the owner and a project to refurbish Butlers is in place for the end of this month,

Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff and breakfast, I will ensure this is passed on to my team.

Kind Regards

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 1 night on Saturday 9 November 2013 - £95 per room B&B. Room great, leisure facilities enjoyable, breakfast awful possibly the worst hotel breakfast I have eaten and definitely not what you would expect from a four star hotel! The hotel web site heavily promotes Sunday lunch which sounds delicious but unfortunately we couldn't reserve a table before 5pm as they were fully booked. At first we were disappointed by this but after tasting breakfast this morning we were relieved to have the opportunity to have our Sunday lunch else where.

Room Tip: Check if the room is smoking or non smoking at the time of booking.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mandy m

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the hotel.

Please be assured I will look into the points you raise about breakfast personaly.

Our Sunday Lunch offer this year has proved extremelly popular and we manage bookings in line with the capacity of the Restaurant and practicalities with regards to service, this weekend was extremelly busy between 12.30pm - 5.00pm and the earliest available time to book on booking enquiry was 5.00pm.

Regards

Reviewed October 18, 2013

I planned my wedding with the Park House for the 4th October 2013. I stayed in suite 2 the night before and the night of my wedding. From check in the afternoon before to check out the day after, my experience is one of complete professionalism from all staff concerned. The hotel is a lovely place to hold a wedding. The food for the wedding breakfast was perfect, and I did not hear of one complaint from any of my guests. Nick the manager was great on the day. He lead us through the whole process and made sure that we were kept informed all day through. The room was set up perfect, and any worries or concerns were dealt with straight away. Suite 2 is a three room suite. It has a lovely living room area with tea and coffee facilities and a flat screen tv by the fire place. The bedroom had a four poster bed, which was a lovely comfortable bed, and which had rose petals laid out on it when I got back to the room on the evening. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and there was a bottle of champers left for myself and my new husband to share. The little touches were much appreciated. The breakfast the following day was in a room specifically for myself, my husband and our guests that had stopped over. The food was replenished regularly and there was nothing more I could have asked for. Everyone commented how nice the hotel and the staff were. The only complaint I would have was that my suite was extremely warm, and we had to wedge the windows open. Other than that I could not have asked for anything more from the park house and it's professional team of staff.

Room Tip: Suite 2 is great for longer stays as it feels like a mini flat to live in for a couple of days.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent wedding at the hotel.

Thank you for all your kind comments relating to the food, staff and service I will pass all your comments onto the team.

A day to remember at the Park House hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Arrived mid afternoon Sat. October12th 2013 and was checked in by a very pleasant and helpfull receptionist. My husband and I were in room 69 in the cottages, the room was spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and well equipped. A wedding party was taking place as well as our party and other guests.The meal was good as was the breakfast next morning and the service was first class. Unfortunately I was taken ill that evening, (nothing to do with my meal) resulting with me having to go to hospital. The manager Nick and the rest of the staff could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble for which we will be eternaly gratefull.would certainly stay there again but without my little drama

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mrs Stainton

Many thanks for your kind comments and for taking the time to write a review.I do hope you are feeling better and will pass on your kind comments to Nikk and the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park house in the not too distant future.

Kind Regads