“Wonderful wedding experience”
Review of Park House Hotel

Park House Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Shifnal
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I planned my wedding with the Park House for the 4th October 2013. I stayed in suite 2 the night before and the night of my wedding. From check in the afternoon before to check out the day after, my experience is one of complete professionalism from all staff concerned. The hotel is a lovely place to hold a wedding. The food for the wedding breakfast was perfect, and I did not hear of one complaint from any of my guests. Nick the manager was great on the day. He lead us through the whole process and made sure that we were kept informed all day through. The room was set up perfect, and any worries or concerns were dealt with straight away. Suite 2 is a three room suite. It has a lovely living room area with tea and coffee facilities and a flat screen tv by the fire place. The bedroom had a four poster bed, which was a lovely comfortable bed, and which had rose petals laid out on it when I got back to the room on the evening. The bathroom had a jacuzzi bath and there was a bottle of champers left for myself and my new husband to share. The little touches were much appreciated. The breakfast the following day was in a room specifically for myself, my husband and our guests that had stopped over. The food was replenished regularly and there was nothing more I could have asked for. Everyone commented how nice the hotel and the staff were. The only complaint I would have was that my suite was extremely warm, and we had to wedge the windows open. Other than that I could not have asked for anything more from the park house and it's professional team of staff.

Room Tip: Suite 2 is great for longer stays as it feels like a mini flat to live in for a couple of days.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent wedding at the hotel.

Thank you for all your kind comments relating to the food, staff and service I will pass all your comments onto the team.

A day to remember at the Park House hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Arrived mid afternoon Sat. October12th 2013 and was checked in by a very pleasant and helpfull receptionist. My husband and I were in room 69 in the cottages, the room was spotlessly clean, beautifully furnished and well equipped. A wedding party was taking place as well as our party and other guests.The meal was good as was the breakfast next morning and the service was first class. Unfortunately I was taken ill that evening, (nothing to do with my meal) resulting with me having to go to hospital. The manager Nick and the rest of the staff could not have been more helpful, nothing was too much trouble for which we will be eternaly gratefull.would certainly stay there again but without my little drama

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
heritageproperties, Manager at Park House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Dear Mrs Stainton

Many thanks for your kind comments and for taking the time to write a review.I do hope you are feeling better and will pass on your kind comments to Nikk and the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Park house in the not too distant future.

Kind Regads

Reviewed October 11, 2013

The hotel is very 1980`s in style and is showing its age, threadbare carpets. I stayed 9th Oct. There was no heating in the hotel and the room was really cold. Had to go to bed at 9.30pm to warm up. The breakfast room was like a fridge the next morning. The breakfast was also rather poor.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry to see you had issues with the heating and at breakfast and I will personally look into the points you raise.

We do occasionaly have issues with heating and the Reception team and Duty Manager react possitively to any issues and report through to myself immediately. They do not recall any issue being reported on the 9th October and we do as standard look to relocate guests in other rooms or call our Maintenance Manager out to repair the issue.

Reviewed October 4, 2013

Went for 2 nights with 2 work colleagues. Booked 3 double rooms, 2 got lovely king size and 1 a small double all same price. Friendly staff. Rooms ok mattress a little flat. Pool ok but steam room wasn't working for the 2 days we wanted to use it. Sauna good. Felt a little rushed at breakfast as they tried to take our order as soon as we sat down and hot food arrived before we gad a chance to have fruit or cereal. Breakfast good plentiful and refills on tea and coffee available. Bar nice and cosy. Carpets a little worn in places throughout hotel and paintwork in public areas chipped. Very 80s deco in general. However 2 main things I really didn't like. being alone in throom i wanted to watch tv while getting ready but impossible to watch as its free view and every channel pixilated and screen breaks up even on bbc and itv. All 3 rooms the same. Also no power at all in shower and took 3 minutes to get very slow hot water to come through.
Would stay again for lovely staff, breakfast and nice from outside but think decorating would make a huge difference. Not a 4 star hotel more a 3.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the Park House.
I will ensure your kind comments relating to service and the staff are relayed to the team.

Further to your comments I have instructed my Maintenance Manager to check the shower pressure in the bedroom and all the TV's to ensure Sky and Freeview works. I am delighted to say the steam room is now fixed, unfortunately it took a couple of weeks for the part to come through from the supplier.
With regards to the decor we are constantly refurbishing areas of the hotel. I do have a weekly meeting with my MD and i will mention the points you raise.

Reviewed October 1, 2013

I was booked into this hotel by my Company for two weeks and I assumed a 4 star hotel would be problem free, how wrong I was.
On booking, I had asked for a Non-smoking room away from the bar area, on arrival I discovered I was in a smoking room about 20m away from the bar doors. After a short wait I was allocated a Non-smoking room but still fairly close to the bar.

The room was in one of the separate cottages, the light outside the inner door did not work, the external door did not close and the blind did not fit the window so let in loads of light from the 24 hr security lights covering the Car park. The fridge did not have a nearby plug socket so could not be plugged in. I called Reception twice to ask for someone to come and move it but no one turned up.

After a sleepless night due to the plumbing making a horrendous noise I asked to be moved, their solution was to move me into an adjoining cottage. I could still hear the noises in the new room so asked to be moved into the main hotel and luckily they found me a room later that evening.

On my first evening I ordered room service, the £7 cheese and onion marmalade sandwich that arrived was made from the cheapest, white bread and was dry and tasteless. I tried again on the second evening but again the food was horrible, the ham was dry, the chips burnt and the eggs overcooked. Maybe the food in the restaurant is of a better standard but I didn’t want to waste my money. Breakfast was no better, over several days I tried scrambled and poached eggs and bacon but all were undercooked and inedible. I was also surprised that they had no gluten free bread available for toast. I ended up eating cereal or fruit most mornings.

The hotel looks grand but is shabby in some areas. I used the pool on two occasions but neither the sauna or steam room were on. A notice says that you have to ask Reception to switch them on so that’s fine if you want to wait.

On a positive note, the rooms I had were all clean and well laid out. The staff on Reception were helpful when I switched rooms and ensured I had the same quiet room on my return.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Cottages are adjacent to the Carpark and overlooked by the powerful security lights whi...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ann K

Please be assured your comments have been taken very seriously and I will personally look into all the points you raise with my team.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for our 50 year RAF reunion.
The wifi did not work in my room.
The bedside light did not work.
The paint work on the doors etc appeared dirty.
The TV remote had the batteries and back cover missing.
The 13 amp wall socket near the bed was loose.
There were staines on the stool and chair in the bedroom.
There was no anti slip mat for the bath/shower.
You could hear the disco at night in the bedroom.
Ensure that any wedding guests are not near you as the shout, crash about and are extremely noisy if you are trying to sleep.
For whatever reason the restaurant could not accomadate 6 of us for dinner on the first night which meant we had to walk into Shifnal to get something to eat.
The reunion dinner food on the second night was mediocre.
One plus point was there was ample parking.

Room Tip: Ensure you do not have a room near any of the wedding guests.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for taking the time to write a review further to your recent visit to the Park House Hotel.

Please be assured your comments realting to the room with the noise issue and the quality of food have been taken very seriously and I am personally investigating the points you raise.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

We travelled from Kent for our daughter's graduation at Harper Adams and stayed at the Park House Hotel overnight. We had booked the £99 dinner, bed and breakfast deal and thought it was excellent value. A wedding was taking place in the main building and we were allocated a cottage room so that we would not be disturbed. The room was not massive, but was comfortable and spotlessly clean and we didn't hear a sound from the wedding! The food was superb, the staff couldn't have been more helpful and we enjoyed a swim in the pool before breakfast the next morning.
All in all, a very relaxing and enjoyable stay. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: We stayed in room number 67 (one of the cottage rooms) and found it very quiet and peaceful.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and will pass on your kind comments to the team.

I hope to welcome you back to the Park House Hotel in the not too distant future.

Richard Jones - General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Haughton Hall
Haughton Hall
#1 of 4 in Shifnal
Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel and Spa
Ramada Hotel Telford Ironbridge
Mercure Telford Madeley Court Hotel
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Park Inn by Radisson Telford

Been to Park House Hotel? Share your experiences!