“Outstanding hosts”

Ranked #2 of 5 Shifnal B&B and Inns
Royal Tunbridge Wells, United Kingdom
“Outstanding hosts”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Very comfortable and clean rooms, a lovely breakfast and friendly owners. The lodge was recommended by a colleague and i'm glad i took his advice, it was a very enjoyable stay.
Mick, I enjoyed having a few beer, i must come back and do it again .

All the best
Darren

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank melanie i

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Reviewed June 23, 2013

Stayed here for 1 night and was amazed at the quality of the accommodation very clean and modern at the right price.
The breakfast was to die for ! and we had the small english god knows what the large is like lol.
I loved the feel of this place and will visit again for a weekend to visit iron bridge which is very close.
Top job Mick and Judy see you soon.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
England
Reviewed June 20, 2013

We chose this B&B because of the good reviews, and I'm pleased to say we were delighted. The accomodation is away from the pub in an old stable block; the owners were really friendly and welcoming, then were happy just to give us the keys and let us do our own thing. They also steered us right for the best restaurant in town, and we were not dissapppointed.

The room was spotless, modern, warm, comfortable and had everything we needed, including a huge bed and a very generous range of biscuits! We had a great night's sleep followed by the biggest breakfast I think I've ever eaten. We were warned this would be a proper Midlands breakfast, and given the option of a smaller portions, but it was so good we ate the lot.

This place is just off the main street, and there's off road parking, so really, it's ideally situated. I can't stress enough how nice the owners are, and how clean and comfortable we found it. This sort of place is the reason we prefer to stay in small independent B&Bs, rather than soulless chain hotels.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mojosbigstick
trefnant
Reviewed May 19, 2013

When we arrived we were greeted by mick,very friendly and polite man,mick took us to our room on the first floor,the room was out of this world,the first thing you see is the cleanliness of the room which was excellent,the shower was very powerfull,and a lovely bath you could take a soak in all day.the bed was king size and very comfortable.there was plenty of tea and coffee whenever you wanted it,judy was also a busy lady,always smiling,what a lovely couple,lucky was also there to greet us,lovely friendly dog.we will definitely be back.

• Stayed May 2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2013

My partner Glenn and I had a warm wecome by Mike and Judy even though we arrived early. We were taken to a very comfortable spotlessly clean room 3 on the first floor. It had a large bathroom complete with a very powerful hot shower. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. There was tea, coffee, biscuits and bottles of water in our room.
We put in our breakfast orders the night before and were asked what time we would like our breakfast. We were offered cereal and yoghurts first but we just went straight for the full english! It was served hot and fresh and there was plenty of it.
Mike and Judy, along with Lucky their friendy very obedient dog were perfect hosts who made us feel very welcome .... we certainly will be giving them another visit.

Room Tip: 2 family rooms on ground floor and 2 very large doubles on the first floor
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Liverpool
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Has anybody ever stayed here who have been going to Weston park v festival? Just wondering if it is near (walking distance) help/information would be really appreciated as I am planning on booking a stay for v festival 2013! Would also be great full if anybody from the area would be able to give me any info on hotels near by Weston park (v festival)

Thanks

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I spent a night here before going to an event at RAF Cosford. I guess could have come by train to Shifnal station, but the access was good, parking was easy and I needed the car on the next day.

The room was spotless, breakfast hearty and the hosts jovial. I couldn't get the internet to work, but that might have been my computer and I was too tired to seek help.

Not the most scenic location on a wet February evening, but I was there for work. Had excellent early evening meal in a Chinese restaurant five minutes walk from the B&B. I will certainly return to the Anvil Lodge if I have another business meeting in this area

Room Tip: Small establishment with all rooms in the same block. Downstairs would be more convenient for some c...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shifnal
Park House Hotel
Days Inn Telford Ironbridge M54
Telford Hotel & Golf Resort
Premier Inn Telford International Centre Hotel
Premier Inn Telford Central Hotel

Been to Anvil Lodge? Share your experiences!