“Still fantastic! (but change is NOT always for the best...)”
Review of Sebastians

Sebastians
Ranked #8 of 119 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: French
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Shropshire
“Still fantastic! (but change is NOT always for the best...)”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

Visited our favourite local restaurant again recently and "things they have been a changing". The dining area has had a refurb and the seating area and entrance are at the back of the hotel now and you access via the side alley. No issue here as that was the hotel entrance and it makes sense to combine. The food as usual was of the very best standard I have ever had.

My issue comes with the new seating arrangements and dining area. In an effort to expand the table available the toilets are now accessed past the waitress area which is not ideal, but the room now feels cramped and you are squeezed together at your table. It was always a bit tight, but this has now become more apparent (I cannot explain why? it may be lighter feel which makes it more obvious you are sitting so close) but on the whole I was more aware of other diners. it may also have been a busy night, (the restaurant only had small parties in) but it was really, really noisy in the restaurant. At times it was difficult to hear my partner across from me without raising my voice above a comfortable level.

If I am honest it spoilt my meal, in spite of the usual excellent quality food you get from Sebastians. I hope it was a one-off and we will be back .....

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Winckers

Swansea, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“One Excellent Restaurant.”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

This is one excellent restaurant. The ambience is good with old oak beams. The service was good and not rushed. But it is the food which is best of all. The food we ordered was superb and cooked to perfection. Impossible to criticise anything. The titbits between courses were an added treat. Will certainly call again when I'm next in the area.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank NIGEL C
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“Relaxed dining with fantastic food”
Reviewed July 2, 2014

My husband and myself dined here on the 01/07/14 for our 25th Wedding Anniversary all i can say everything from greeting to leaving was just fantastic. I have very specific dietary requirments and they were met 100%, food was equisite, service fantastic the gluten free vegan bread made on the premisies was the best i have ever had they should market it. I will be going back this month as well as food is value for money ,presentation wouldnt be beaten by a world renowned chef, i would reccomend this restaurant 100%.

• Visited July 2014
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
“my favourite place”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

WOW . so wonderful to have such a fabulous restaurant on our door step . A bit of London high quality . Cannot recommend more highly . Wonderful food wonderful wines and amazing service . what a gem

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Charlotte R
Oswestry, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My favourite restaurant”
Reviewed May 19, 2014

The atmosphere was perfect, food is all so delicious, staff are courteous and welcoming. Definitely The place to go for a special occasion. The best restaurant for miles and the fillet of beef main course was the best I have ever had. This is by far my favourite restaurant now :)

• Visited May 2014