“Fantastic place, great hostess”
Review of Sebastians Hotel

Sebastians Hotel
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Oswestry
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I arrived here late in dreadful weather, and received a very warm welcome from the owner. A beautiful room with all the comforts, I was very happy and had a great night's sleep. Breakfast in my bedroom the following morning was delicious - disappointed I'd arrived too late for dinner! If you need pampering, this is the place.

Room Tip: I stayed in the room in the main picture, and it was lovely. Don't let the fact that it's i...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

I ate here last night as a guest for a birthday celebration. I thought the ambience was great, the menu was short, which I always think is a good sign - the chef isn't microwaving a load of preprepared chilled food.
I liked the format, a set price per head, this eliminates large rowdy tables of customers who are planning on minimal eating and maximum drinking. No service charge added to the bill, a real rarity these days but a sign of management confidence in the service they are presenting to their customers.
Portions were small but very tasty and very satisfying.
I'd recommend Sebastian's to anyone visiting the area and wanting a really enjoyable evening out.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank MumamiaHitchin
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed at Sebastian's for a night out having a meal with friends. We were welcomed by the owner shepherding us into the car park at the rear of the hotel - he was really friendly and walked us to our room straight away (and offered to carry our bags in as well). His wife brought us fresh milk in, gave us the low down on the room which was very tastefully decorated. There were exposed beams, a luxurious king size bed with a small flat screen telly just hung on the wall next to the bed with freeview showing. The bathroom was tasteful and had a large walk in shower. The only down side to the room was that it needed a bit more cleaning to really finish it off - a few cob webs in a few corners of the room.

Location was perfect for the town centre and was great value for money. The room was also in a really nice courtyard at the back of the hotel with places to sit and sip your coffee in the morning. We didn't stay for breakfast, which was not included in the room price, however the restaurant comes highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I stayed there a couple of weekends ago just for one night but this hotel is definitely a star find, the rooms and beds are very comfortable and clean, the best night's sleep I've had in a long time, the location is quite central to the town but also quiet enough to relax and get a good night's sleep.

The staff are amazing, very friendly and welcoming, I'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here well over a year ago while at a wedding. Staff where very friendly and polite. Room was very nice and almost boutique in style. The wife loved it. For it's 3 star rating I was surprised. I thought it was easily a 4 star establishment. We never ate in the restaurant but was told it was very good.

I would happily stay again.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

We went for a 40th birthday meal, lovely service, we sat in the lobby area with drinks whilst waiting for our table, food was lovely lots of choices not a large amount on your plate but lovely all the same. Waitress was very attentive checking all was good. Nice setting but pricey.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 9, 2013

This is a wonderful place to stay. A delightful small hotel based on the restaurant whose meals are absolutely wonderful. We had dinner both nights of our stay and they were excellent. The courtyard is great for that pre-dinner drink in the shade (we struck the heat of July). The room was small and a little cramped but very good quality. Great service. We would definitely stay there again or recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
2 mi away
#6 of 6 in Oswestry
Rowton Castle
Rowton Castle
#1 of 1 in Halfway House

Been to Sebastians Hotel? Share your experiences!