“A Quaint and Special Tea Rooms”

The Curious Tearoom
Ranked #2 of 6 Coffee & Tea in Oswestry
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed July 24, 2014

We recently visited this tea rooms and took a step back in time in both décor and atmosphere it was just like walking into 1960`s era again it was great. The Tea Rooms are run by 2 delightful ladies who make you feel at home with good old fashioned service. The Cakes are home made and served on bone china cups and plates all very reasonably priced and good quality drinks are on offer. In the background was a record player playing The Seekers hits it was so nice to set back and waller in a bygone era shame we cant go back to this era. We will certainly revisit when next in Oswestry, Thank You Both.

6  Thank ianexamsBournemouth
There are newer reviews for The Curious Tearoom

Reviewed July 12, 2014

Went to Oswestry to visit the goof festival and came across the tea room almost by accident !
We only had a drink and toasted sandwich. In lovely surroundings with great service. Thank you ladies....you made an fun day even more enjoyable.

7  Thank Sally V
Reviewed June 20, 2014

My wife and our two friends on holiday in Oswestry found this most unusual place near the centre of Oswestry, and definately will be returning to. The staff are so helpful and friendly and the service is second to none. With the decor so adhoc that it would be possible to browse for ever rather than ordering and eating superb meals. We were bowled over by the ambience of the place and it leaves a lasting impression on the memory, seeing so many things dating back a couple of generations - the original stereo playing L.P's in the background. The old teapots and other tableware give the impression of of being in a bygone age. It is well used by local people as a meeting place. We were delighted with the service and the desire by the staff to make our stay so memorable. This tearoom gets a five star recommendation from our group.

8  Thank AnthonywNorth
Reviewed May 23, 2014

I have visited this tea room twice on my own. I originally tried it after walking past several times and I was reluctant as I was on my own and can be quite nervous going into places alone. That fear was replaced immediately. Very friendly staff and unusual surroundings which made me feel I was in my nan's old home. On both occasions I had a toastie served with a lovely salad and a generous slice of cake...yeah I know I shouldn't have but they are a bit tempting!! Would not hesitate to recommend here.

8  Thank gilldawes
Reviewed May 10, 2014

Young or old you could not fail to be delighted with this tearoom experience whether on the sofa , up-at-table , or outside on the new decking area. Curious it is, with so many lovely cakes ( my daughter loved the gluten free spicy lemon cake) and I enjoyed my toastie served with a great salad and balsamic dressing). Cappuchino and tea were so enjoyable too and all at a reasonable price in surroundings you could not stop looking at, as retro things to buy all around you . Well done too to the 'girls'/friends who stepped in today whilst owners were at a wedding , so I was told. My first visit and definitely not my last.

8  Thank NthWalesFoodiefan