“Excellent A+++”

Dining options: Reservations
Ashburton, New Zealand
“Excellent A+++”
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Bradford Arms in Knockin on a tuesday evening to catch up with a friend over a couple of drinks and a meal. We were greeted upon arrival by the manager (Stuart), who after pouring our respective pints showed us to a table within the cosy, well laid out dining area. He informed us of the specials on offer and the daily options available to us. The menu supplied on the table was informative and covered a wide array of dishes and tastes with many vegetarian options. Once ordered our meals come out within 10-15 minutes. I had the pork and cheese meatballs with vegetables and mash inside a large yorkshire pudding (optional). The vegetables were fresh and the whole meal was fantastic. My friend had the sirloin steak which was cooked perfectly to his liking supplemented with fries and green peas.Neither of us opted for a dessert but there were a decent array available. We didnt have any poor points about the meal or the service. We found the food to be well worth the price paid and a good portion size. There was a good selection of local ales on offer and the staff behind the bar were only too happy to help and recommend according to our preferred tastes. On the whole was a brilliant experience. 5 stars no doubt! I'll definately be back!

3 Thank Dan M

Oswestry, United Kingdom
“bradford arms preview”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

After several visits with more to come, we found the food first class with excellent sized portions with efficiency by staff. Meals very good value for money.
The landlord is welcoming and friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff. Family and friends who came with us also throughly enjoyed it and will go again.

• Visited December 2013
Shropshire, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Lovely, friendly country pub.”
Reviewed December 17, 2013

I have visited this pub a few times for good and drinks. The staff and management are always very friendly and welcoming. Delicious food and fast service. Definitely recommend.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank MrsS201
Frodsham, United Kingdom
“Ripped Off ?”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I went to this pub with my wife and daughter on a Monday night,at first we were pleasantly surprised to learn that on Mondays the had a 2 for 1 offer in their grill steaks,so we ordered 2 steaks,you can imagine my dismay when the manager Stuart (who took our order)insisted I had to pay full price for all 3 meals and that I would have 1 meal deducted the next time I came,I didn't even get a discount voucher just the promise that he would remember.
I felt that he begrudged giving me the 2 for 1 offer as I wasn't a local,if that is his policy it should be stated clearly on his menu card that all offers are for frequent users only.
Felt really ripped off and would urge all non regulars to give this pub a wide berth!!!
Steak wasn't up to the £12.95 price tag either
Needless to say I won't be returning!

• Visited October 2013
4 Thank 787tommy
“Not enough”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Very bad night out had to pay extra £3.00 for chips. There was 9 little chips that came with meal , told manager he said nothing!!! Not recommend ....

• Visited July 2013