“Great stop on a bicycle ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Radio

Radio
Ranked #37 of 117 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: Cafe, Spanish, British
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Great stop on a bicycle ride”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2014

Nice decor, seating outside in a main shopping street, so good to take in the people of Oswestry. Rally nice food, lovely burger with salad. Excellent home made cakes. Good pot of leaf tea and fine coffee. Plus a safe place to put a bicycle. Also good local information/place for leaflets/flyers, friendly staff and good service. Perfect..

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank proscoe52

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Room for much improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2014

I have visited the cafe on many occasions and have enjoyed it, I was encouraged by the owner to visit their tapas nights.

Firstly the positives, the food was of a pleasant standard and the service was very efficient, friendly and prompt. The cafe isn't licensed so you're free to take your own drinks and we were offered tap water on arrival. It's also it a very novel idea of the cafe so full credit for trying, I really hope the establishment takes some of this feedback onboard.

Sadly there were quite a few negatives to the visit. The point of tapas is being able to try many different varied dishes, however the menu was extremely limited with only one meat dish and one fish dish on the entire menu, and maybe half dozen vegetarian options. There was only one sweet to choose from. The plates were all different sizes and designs and the wine was served in beakers, although this may have a certain rustic charm, the bill was far from it. Although satisfactory the food was very basic. The bill was well over £20 each, which for the food served I felt overpriced. Corkage was charged at £4 a bottle of wine and an eye watering £2 for each bottle of beer. For such rudimentary surroundings I think corkage should be waived, it may encourage more diners. Finally, I was told at the time of paying the bill, that cards were not accepted. Unacceptable in this day and age, I feel, especially at the cost - at the very least this should be made clear to save potential embarrassment.

I'll probably not return again for an evening meal, but it has potential to be much better. The day cafe I'd probably award 4 stars, but I'm not reviewing it here. The reviews are mixed for both the (much superior) cafe and tapas restaurant here, which gives a distorted view.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank BarryChuckleTelford
Oswestry, United Kingdom
“lovely evening out”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

Went on a friday night for the tapas menu. Fantastic friendly staff and great atmosphere. Food was really tasty, nice selection of dishes, good vegetarian choice, especially the catalan toast and a spinach salad with dates and almonds. Not haute cuisine and all the better for it. would recommend this for a relaxed casual evening out.

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank Gayle H
oswestry
“Enjoyable evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

We are oswestry residents and had seen the Tapas evenings advertised so decided to take our daughter there glad we booked as it was full. Nice atmosphere and excellent service perhaps a little pricey but we decided to try one of each off menu ( which i presume changes regularly ) to share then get some more of our favourites.We really enjoyed the food and it was good to have different tastes instead of pub food. The waiter was very friendly and helpful. We will go again and our daughter says she will recommend it to friends.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank rhianslip
Chirk, Wales, United Kingdom
“Great Lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

Called in for a late lunch with my daughter. I had a really good homemade soup with a thick slice of granary bread. My vegetarian daughter raved about her burger and can't wait to take her other half there to try the other burgers. She said it was as good if not better than GBK - her favorite burger place. I agree with the other reviewers, the coffee is really good. The cakes looked good too, although we didn't have any. The staff are very friendly, and we had a good conversation with them. The place is small and can be easily overlooked when passing.

• Visited February 2014