“Bed & Breakfast”

Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 29, 2014

Stayed here Friday 27th.
A twin room number 5.
Paid £45 for bed & breakfast which is a very good price.
Beds I'm afraid need replacing as both creek badly & it's impossible to get a good nights sleep.
My mattress was not too bad (bed by bathroom door) but bed base was at fault.
Breakfast was superb with excellent service, could not fault.
I would definitely stay here again if they do something with those dreadful beds.

2  Thank David J

Reviewed May 16, 2014

We thought we would try the Boot having passed it several times lovely 300 year old pub full of character and charm. We were welcomed by friendly staff, asked us where we would like to sit we chose the window over looking the castle. When ordering we struggled as although there seemed to be quite a few items on the menu there wasn't a varied choice lots of steak, some chicken dishes but no fresh fish or salads. Starters were really yummy garlic bread and black pudding. I chose Coq Au Vin with mustard mash for the main and my boyfriend chose chicken curry with half and half rice and chips- chips were a let down, could the pub possibly make their own hand cut chips?? they taste so much nicer!!
All in all though a very nice meal didn't get to see desserts as we were stuffed!

Reviewed May 10, 2014 via mobile

A great restaurant in a cosy pub atmosphere. Some nice Ales at the bar. The food was extremely good, service excellent an good value. Would defiantly recommend to others.

1  Thank Ian D
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of nights at the end of last month, and was prompted to write this review after reading some of the poor reviews it has received...
Did these other guests go to a pub with the same name in a parallel universe ??

The owners and staff at this establishment gave us a fantastic service throughout our stay. Nothing was any trouble for them, and they all seemed to be pleased to be part of their 'team' - actually enjoying their work ( which makes a pleasant change nowadays !) They really stood out for us, so I really wonder if previous reviewers have their own personal issues ....?

The food was excellent too, and although the prices were higher than some pubs - I believe the quality justified that. By the number of regulars that were in the restaurant over the weekend, and the happy manner that they were interacting with staff, tells me that this pub obviously has a great local reputation. All those diners cannot be wrong !!
This is a genuine customer review, and I have nothing to gain by praising this establishment other than a wish that people should not be put off by the negative reviews on here.
Go, eat, relax and enjoy !!

2  Thank AmandaClowe
Reviewed March 12, 2014

Tried Ye Olde Boote after driving past on numerous occasions. Welcomed warmly and sat at window table overlooking the castle. The pub was quite busy for a Tuesday lunchtime and had a lovely atmosphere. Did not have any starters. Our first choice... fish and chips had sold out so opted instead for the curry and the hubby had the steak baguette. Was surprised that the food came extremely quickly, literally 3 minutes after ordering. Hubby really enjoyed his baguette. The curry comes with a breast of chicken rather than pieces but this wasn't a problem. It was spicy without being over the top. For afters, my hubby had the cheese plate and I opted for the bakewell tart. Both equally tasty. Overall a good meal, not the best ever but no complaints.