Travelodge Oswestry
Agoda.com
$91
$88
Hotels.com
Bryn Howel Hotel(Llangollen)(Great Value!)
$119
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
The West Arms Hotel(Llanarmon DC)
$131
  • Restaurant
The Hand at Llanarmon(Llanarmon DC)
$153
$123
Hotwire.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsburger kingstayed hereservice arearoom was cleantravel lodgewhat it says on the tinpetrol stationhour journeygreat nights sleepplenty of tea coffeehousekeeping staffmile endbusy roadlocation is ideallovely receptionistfamily roommain road
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Booked this fairly late after deciding to go to the Shrewsbury-Peterborough football match. I wanted to spend the morning in Llangollen and then catch the match in the afternoon, so this hotel was perfectly placed in between.
It has a nice modern look & is situated near to Burger King, Little Chef and a Petrol Station & shop so everything is pretty much on hand.
Plenty of space at the free car-park.
The room has the new style Travelodge bed, which is so much better. Room 24 was a Family Room at the end of a corridor, nice & quiet.
Staff on check-in were friendly & helpful.
I would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: Room 24 was at the end of the corridor & very quiet with partial view of fields etc.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed April 25, 2014

Well, this was our last Travelodge stop before arriving home. I like the Oswestry Travelodge because it has a bit more character and has a Burger King next to it as well as KFC. We were surprised to see a Little Chef as we thought they'd all closed down but it appears not. There is a covered walkway down from the main door to Burger King and if you take your hotel keys to Burger King you get 10% off. which we took advantage of. The room we had overlooked the car park but it wasn't noisy. The room was clean and tidy. The only problem I had was using the chocolate dispensing machine which didn't work immediately( the lady on duty had to come out and help) and when I eventually managed to get a bar of chocolate the door sprung back on my arm causing bruising. Yes, i could have complained but we'd had a long day and I couldn't be bothered but it is something to watch out for. No doubt we will be back at Oswestry before the year is out!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lynne N
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Stayed here 1 night only. Arrived to find we had a double room for the 3 of us but within minutes this was rectified by the person and duty and were given a family room (On checking my mail afterwards I discovered I had by error selected the wrong room) without any atitude from the person on reception. This is now service excellence. Room clean and spacious but once again find the 3rd bed small even for an 8 year old. Location is ideal being on the main arteries as we were heading off the next day for further north. Found the onsite food outlets not as good value as the one in Stratford upon Avon's Travelodge and so skipped breakfast here. Had booked well in advance so at the rate I paid was excellent value for money.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ABCurtis
Reviewed April 22, 2014

This lodge is situated on a major junction on the A5 and has access to many popular eating options (Burger King, Little Chef, KFC, etc). The hotel has had a refurbishment and I have previously dismissed it as a poor option, mainly based upon the state of the car park and run down feel of the services. I was pleasantly surprised by my experience. Yes the car park is still a collection of pot holes and the bins are overflowing but the lodge itself was quiet, comfortable and the shower worked perfectly! The staff were keen to help. Will use again. Booked last minute and got a double room for £37.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed April 20, 2014

Travelodge is a short drive from the town, and is easily accessible from the main A roads. It was spotless and comfortable. There are food outlets at the location, but it was a nice day, and we decided to go into Oswestry to eat.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple