“ideal stopover”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Oswestry
staffordshire
“ideal stopover”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

we had early 7am appointment at royal orthapidic hospital.hotel was just 6 minutes from hospital.hotel has been refurbished to a high standard,rooms were lovley.would definatly use again.little chef gave us a discount just show your hotel keys.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ramberlers

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Stayed here this week for a course at the Orthopaedic Hospital. Very clean, reception staff friendly and helpful with directions etc. Obviously the room will only get cleaned if you ask for it on your way out and don't take your keys with you! There's a Little Chef and BK on site which was handy, and just down the road is a decent Table Table restaurant pub. Our room was on the first floor (no lift but not really an issue for us) and was large, clean and the bed was amazing - very close to the best sleep I've had in a hotel so far! The bathroom was more than adequate - and I quite liked being able to use the shower curtain without it clinging to my skin (very clever curved rail).
All in all, quite impressed, and for a very reasonable (cheap!) price.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank queen_bee275
Sussex
Reviewed January 19, 2014

stayed here last week for 5 nights and the bedding never got changed at all. kept having to ask for more tea,coffee sugar etc. other people were banging doors. room was not hoovered once!!!!!!! staff were friendly tho

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

1 Thank c221166
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

The Travelodge was clean and bright i was greeted by a lovely receptionist with blondish hair, very helpful. I would stay again. However The vending machine was expensive but it is where ever you go. There is food places nearby however they seem to shut when they want and not stick to their usual time depending on how busy they are. Its a shame they have not got electronic card door locks like other travelodges.

Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Flowerchocolate
Crewe, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Well what a change with the makeover, our room was on the ground floor, new windows, repaint and nice comfy bed. New kettle and flat screen TV and at long last a non slippy floor covering in the bathroom well done Travelodge.
The only complaint was there was only 2 tea bags, 1 full strength and 1 decaf coffee and 3 milk as we both drink tea not very good did ask for more tea bags and milk and was given 2 of each.

If you don't want to eat at the Little Chief or Burger King then head towards Oswestry and the Highwayman Pub, meals are good and if you show your room key you get a discount.
We ate here on a Sunday evening can recommend the carvery buy one get one free and discount on top.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnnC56
uk
Reviewed December 7, 2013

we stayed one night on the 4th dec we are both dissabled the room we where given was room 1 the reception very helpfull when we arrived about 7.30 pm.
the room was very large and warm. with nice bathroom.
but. only one chair for 2 people, and 2 single beds as we requested but only 30 inches wide (in a room big enough for 2 double beds?) we could not turn over and got a very poor nights sleep.
its a shame 36" beds cost little more than 30" beds. and this room will take them easy.

Room Tip: check the bed size before you book
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Derbyshire
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've been in loads of Travelodges (TL) in my time, but the old guy at this one has to be the rudest.
I requested some extra coffee sachets 'full strength', my wife & I don't drink de-caff or tea and there were only two full strength sachets, so naively I asked for 4 sachets of FS coffee, I didn't realise that I'd nearly bankrupted the Travelodge brand.
First there was a load of "has Mary left any spares out" to the other half of the double act, so he went away and came back with two satches, I asked for another two for the morning, Rude old guy said "NO. we haven't got any more" I said please can I have another two I can't believe you haven't got two more??? "we have, but we may then be short in the morning" !!!!!!! I said I can't believe you think that's ok but that's fine, but please read the Trip adviser report that I'll be submitting tomorrow, and started to walk out of the door to my room. He then cussed me and said what's the problem, thinking that I'd gone through the door, I immediately challenged him telling him that I was the customer and he shouldn't talk to me like that, he dived into the back of house.
We left the TL at 5.30am and Rude Old Guy was in the corridor but again dived into the back of house when he saw us.
The other problem was, & I understand it if TL are trying to flog extra services & products was, we asked the lady on reception what time the Burger King closed (attached to the TL) " I don't know" was the answer? customer service in my view would be to flipping find out!!!!!! by the way it's 9pm on weekdays & 10pm at weekends & they're very nice in there and you get free WiFi, you should know that TL try to sell you food products from the menu lists at reception & in your room.
I should also say however that the room, very comfy bed and nice bathroom are excellent, it's just a shame that they allow a very rude old guy dominate my report.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank DerbyFolk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
Wynnstay Hotel & Spa
#4 of 6 in Oswestry
Travelodge Wrexham
Travelodge Wrexham
#5 of 10 in Wrexham

Been to Travelodge Oswestry? Share your experiences!