“The best curry house in Oswestry”
Review of Simla

Simla
Ranked #33 of 119 Restaurants in Oswestry
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: best Indian cuisine i've ever had -try their own dip with your poppadums - been there a few times over the last 3 months excellent every time- George and the team are groovy
oswestry, england
“The best curry house in Oswestry”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We eat here a lot, the taste and variety of the food is the best in town, especially if you like things hot and spicy.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank shaunsouthern

• Polish first
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Fantastic food and great value”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Went for a meal with colleagues from work, and I have to say the set menu for 4 is fantastic value at £55. Poppadums and sauces as appetisers, and a delicious mixed starter to follow. We then shared the 4 food dishes (2 chicken and 2 lamb), along with a vegetable dish between the 4 of us, and the lamb garlic chilli masala was absolutely delicious (served with rice and naan bread), and followed by sorbet for dessert. A great way to finish off and very refreshing.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank EnglishGladiator
Stanley
“Great food and service”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Food was excellent, service very friendly and efficient. Very busy on a Saturday night but managed to keep smiling! Food was fresh and very tasty - I would go back!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Oska551
London, United Kingdom
“Good food”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

A good curry, and very helpful staff who ordered a cab for us when the company I used couldn't help. I'd definitely go again.

Visited August 2012
Ellesmere, United Kingdom
“TAKEN FOR GRANTED!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We have been going to the Simla in Oswestry for so long that we completely take it for granted. We shouldn't and it's about time I reviewed them.
We went as a family on BH Monday, having not been for a few months. However George the owner greeted us by our Christian names , and talked to our son about the footie , remembering his team. (We also get Christmas cards)
We had the customary popadoms to start, and they remember that we like a bucket of mint / yoghurt sauce!
For mains I chose something different - chicken tikka marsalla. George offered me the old style - with minced lamb - or the new style without. He recommended the old and when it was presented he said if I didn't like it he would change it. I did!
We were still treated courteously yet with a friendly manner.
One thing you can say about the food is that it is accurately described. So if a friend says he normally has a madras of a vindaloo - we do always warn them. I don't know anyone who has had a vindaloo as a result!
Of all the Indians in the country that we have eaten at, We have only found one to be of equal quality - and that was in Wolverhampton. And their only reason was that they had really posh crockery and cutlery and even cut glass!
If the men in my life are at the footie in Liverpool, they will phone ahead to order and George will have the food ready for them as they arrive. What more can you ask for?
We have, over the years, taken many family and friends here. If, on the rare occasion, there has been a gripe, it is always put right swiftly and with a friendly manner.
Top marks!