“Crazy Knights....Crazy Fun”

Newtown, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Crazy Knights....Crazy Fun”
Reviewed August 14, 2014

So its a wet & rainy day wot to do with 3 under 10's? Get in the car & head to C/ks...it seemed everyone thought the same. But at £4.95 for entry,meal & drinks why wouldnt you! I asked how long the food was taking so knew we would be waiting an hour which was perfect as my 3 just wanted to go have fun. Fab afternoon had thanks and will be returning at xmas with my Rainbow group x

Llanymynech, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Shocking service, don't mess about with allergy free food of you are clueless!”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

The day before a group visit with some friends and their children, I telephoned to ask about gluten free food as my 8 year old son has Coeliacs disease. I was informed enthusiastically that they had a gluten free meal available of fish fingers and chips. I queried whether the chips were cooked with other products containing wheat in the same fryer and they confirmed that they were cooked separately.
On arrival I checked again and was told the same as above. However on ordering the meal the staff member told me that we could have gluten free fish fingers but not the chips as they were cooked together with other non gluten free food! I told her what I was told over the phone and she rudely told me that it was her I had spoken to and that she had made it clear about the chips. Anyway we agreed on 4 fish fingers and beans instead. After waiting for at least 1 hour, we were told sorry the cook had burned all of the fish fingers and they could offer us a jacket potato. Don’t get me wrong my son is used to having this where we pay an impromptu visit to a café as it’s usually the only available gluten free option, however he had been so excited about being able to eat the same as his friends, I was so cross. How could they manage to burn a whole pack of fish fingers when we only needed 4 anyway, why would they cook them all?!
Then suddenly the manager arrived and told us that they had found 1….no 2 fish fingers in the deep freeze, and his staff were all dreadful and needed to be sacked! Also surprise surprise they were wrong, the chips were gluten free after all!! Following this a staff member came out with 2 fish fingers and beans on a plate, and informed us that the chips were not gluten free, I explained what the manager has said and she went off to the kitchen. Sometime later the chef arrived bowl of chips in hand, saying ‘these are for the gluten free meal but you cant eat them they aren't gluten free!’ What a confused mess.
Either way my son ate his fish fingers and beans and we did receive a full refund for the meal, but not without pressure on the issue, initially I was told that you pay for for then play session and the meal is included free.
The menu on inspection does not advertise gluten free because as informed by the manager, he doesn’t want to make it official in case people start testing stuff from his kitchen. There are vegetarian Quorn options, but the manager clearly has no idea about gluten free food, and thinks that Quorn and pasta is gluten free! My advice if you have food allergies steer clear of this place especially if you have a serious food allergy, even if they do make it look like they know what they are doing… they don’t, be warned. I am giving one on the basis of the refund, but the staff were rude and unhelpful and had I not been with a group of friends supporting me, I don’t think it would have happened.

4 Thank Sarah H
Welshpool, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“not so good experience...”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

well I haven't been so disappointed in a long long time....get together with a group of friends to enjoy nice afternoon but it all went wrong as soon as we ordered lunch. one child has an allergy to gluten his mother phoned the day before to check whether they could cater for her son with this sort of allergy she was reassured that they can provide meals for children with allergies even if its not stated clearly on the menu. somehow the chef managed to burn the 4 fish fingers supposedly gluten free, chips were cooked in the same oil as other food, even though they were told that if they cook other food in the same oil it can make that child with gluten intolerance very poorly. Owner of Crazy Knight have not dealt with the issue in a professional manner, we as a customers do not want to hear about his problems with the staff, that is something he needs to sort out for himself, to talk about your staff to a customer is not the way to run a business. I would strongly recommend for the owners and managers to decide whether it would be good idea to upgrade and change the menu so its clear for customer to see whether they can cater for people with allergies, if they can provide meals for people with allergies then DELIVER!!! if they don't provide other meal option for people suffering with allergies don't do it in a way that they did. staff needs a proper training in people skills because they certainly don't have them. I have been to crazy knights many times before and this is a first time I didn't like it. any other time I took my children there the food we ordered was absolutely lovely but on this occasion experience we had wasn't the same. room for a massive improvement, need of staff meeting and perhaps hiring some professional staff would be very good idea.

4 Thank Monika562
Wales, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Crazy confusing service”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Meet a group of friends, 8 children in total to enjoy a summer holiday get together..our experience was far from that. One child is gluten free and his mother made a phone call the day before to check if they cooked gluten free food, she was told yes the only food was fish fingers and chips. She was pleased with this as he could eat the same food as his friends. When we went to place the order we were rudely told by a member of staff that they couldn't cook gluten free chips....no offer of anything else so the mother requested an extra 2 fish fingers so her son could have a substantial meal. After nearly an hour a member of staff came and advised us that they burnt the fish fingers and they had no more, the only option was a jacket potato. The mother expressed her unhappiness and asked for a refund and was told no. The owner then came and said they could cook the chips separetely and didn't know why we had been informed otherwise and oh they've found some gluten free fish fingers. Great more time wasted. Eventually 2 fish fingers and beans arrived. A bowl of chips arrived separately brought by the chef, who clearly stated they were cooked in oil which contained gluten products. So they were not suitable. The owner was good at communicating with us but bizarrely told us all of his staffing problems and he clearly didn't understand gluten free. He did however give a refund. So the 1 rating goes to that. To sum it up, the service and communication was appalling and it ruined our day.

3 Thank FunkyFaye
Oswestry, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Disgusting”
Reviewed August 4, 2014 via mobile

After waiting an hour for food it comes out cold, when I complain (which I usually never do) the member of staff came over and shoved her hand into my daughters spaghetti bolognase and told me it was hot, I pointed out that the spaghetti would be hot under the recently microwaved bolognase.The staff member said ' well I'll cook them again but there will be a wait, I said I wasn't waiting to cancel our order,they said they would sort a refund and then picked up a handful of my also cold chips and cheese saying they weren't child, they wouldn't be on the bottom. I was told the reason for my wait (almost an hour) was because they had to cook fresh pasta for the spaghetti bolognase. The refund I received want correct and was given to me in lots of loose change but at they point I just wanted to leave and find somewhere to feed the four children I had with me, the youngest being only one! I won't be going back.

2 Thank Cheryl M