“Our wonderful local!”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 31, 2012

We are lucky to have such a good local. Our family has been frequenting The Queen's Head for many years. Yes, there has been the odd occasion when it has not been upto par, but on the whole we think this place gives good value for money.

The menu is varied, and not just the normal pub grub. We brought our children when they were small and they had their own menus and were given pictures and crayons to keep them busy until the food arrived. Now our children have grown, they still love coming here.

The steamed mussels are excellent, as is the seafood risotto. Portions are large, so come hungry!

There is something for everyone here, and the staff are very helpful and kind..

1  Thank Samahab
There are newer reviews for The Queens Head

Reviewed August 26, 2012

We stopped here for lunch on the way back from our annual holiday in North wales for the first time three years ago, and have made a point of breaking our journey here ever since. What a lucky find!!
As always,there is plenty to choose from the menu and specials board. I had fillet of pork in a coconut, lime and coriander broth which was very tasty, I would love to have the recipe!
another bonus was that the two young children with us were provided with crayons and pictures to colour in which helped to keep them amused.

Reviewed August 22, 2012 via mobile

We had taken my adult children to the local go-karting track and need to eat at 4pm on a Wednesday. Called here having tried it a couple of years ago. Still up to the good standards we experienced before. Although alongside main A5 you would'nt know it. Lovely setting by canal and advertising a wide range of gluten free & Veg options. We choose two gammons and a couple of pasta based dishes between us. All ample portions with generous side dishes of veg, chips an garlic bread, in fact so generous our birthday boy had a doggie bag. (eyes bigger than his belly) Everything well cooked, perhaps in hindsight a bit more seasoning to my pasta, but otherwise worth another visit. So more go-karting !

1  Thank Andrew T
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I used to love having a meal here. However, the same menu doesn't yield the same food any more and prices have increased? A filling meal but it's only just OK and nothing better than you could take from your own freezer in a lean week.

Avoid sandwiches as the bread must be pre cut/or left lyong around and is dry every time - v. unpleasant!

2  Thank ktlw
Reviewed July 14, 2012

Went friday evening for 6.15. Lovely meal. Children's pizza & garlic bread was very much enjoyed and was served like a grown up meal. My and my husband had the steak & ale pie which was amazing. Large pie too much for me. The flavour and the meat melted in the mouth. My only gripe is the chips Yuck! I would have been happy without the chips or had new potatoes. The veg was just right not overcooked.
The waitress that served us was lovely. Bill was reasonable.
Will be going there again