“Basic hotel on edge of industrial estate”

Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oswestry
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I had to come to Oswestry for a weekend at short notice and not much hotel accommodation was available so ended up at Premier Inn. I hadn't stayed at one of their hotels before and I'm not sure I would again. The rooms are clean but very basic and not that cheap - I know I booked at short notice but thought £94 a night for a double was expensive for what I got. The location isn't very inspiring overlooking the industrial estate. But I can see that it has appeal for families and would also suit a business traveller givem its location right next to the A5, so maybe it's just not my sort of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
Sandy B, Manager at Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at Oswestry Premier Inn.
We are happy that you found our rooms clean but sorry we didn't please you in all aspects.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

My two boys and myself stayed at Oswestry Premier Inn for three nights. It was excellent the staff very friendly and the hotel clean and welcoming. My son has a long term medical condition and requires his medication to be kept cool. Their was no problem freezing the cool blocks twice a day and they kept asking if they could do anything else to help. My son is also on a restricted diet, the restaurant attached couldn't have been more helpful. I have recommended Premier Inn Oswestry to friends and two families booking to go later in the year. I was also impressed by the attitude of staff to a mother with a child in a wheelchair. Excellent and won't break the bank, defo going again now I have found this gem!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Sandy B, Manager at Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 25, 2012

Thank you for your lovely comments regarding your recent stay at Oswestry Premier Inn.
We are very pleased that you found us friendly and accommodating. Excellent is a word we love to see!
We look forward to seeing you and your friends in the near future.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Check in was very informative and helpful. the room was 5 star. we would recommend this Hotel to anyone who is looking to stay in the Oswestry area !!!!!! much better than the other Hotels that we have stayed at in the area

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Sandy B, Manager at Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2012

Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay at Oswestry Premier Inn.
We always strive to give our guests a fantastic stay and from your comments it seems that we achieved this.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future when you are next in the area.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Having stayed at a Premier inn 18/9/12 for the first time my wife and i were very pleased
with the room and reception, however the restaurant was a nightmare from the manageress
to the rest off the staff no one knew what they were supposed to do the food was horrendous,
seriously give the restaurant a miss there are some lovely restaurants elsewhere around
Oswestry

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sheila m
Sandy B, Manager at Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2012

Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay at Oswestry Premier Inn. We pride ourselves on great customer service and room standards. We are happy we provided these for you.
I have passed your comments regarding your restaurant experience to the general manager.
We hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We wanted a reasonably priced overnight stay as was visiting local area. Checked reviews which seemed good and was not disappointed. The lady on reception was warm and friendly, the room was clean and spacious, comfortable beds, lovely shower and towels. Was going to the town to eat but decided to use the restaurant, not sure if to wait to be seated so asked passing waitress and was told to sit anywhere. Once we sat down our waitress was brilliant very attentive and quick and the food was lovely. Also had breakfast which was also lovely. All in all very good stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: we had a first floor room overlooking the car park and right by the stairs but heard no noise, it wa...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Carol P
Sandy B, Manager at Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Great service, comfort and cleanliness are what we offer our guests and we are very pleased your experience included these.
We look forward to your return in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here to/from visiting in West Wales. On both nights the standard of the hotel was excellent. The rooms were clean and comfortable, and the staff were friendly and polite. I would always stay in Premier Inn if one was available in the area I wished to stay. I particularly like having a lift for my luggage and the security of the hotel.
The service in the adjoining pub/restaurant was patchy. The first night I had dinner the server was unfriendly and 'plonked' food in front of me. This gave a bad first impression, which was a shame as on the 3 other occasions I used this the staff were friendly and helpful. The choice on the meal deal dinner was fine, the dinners and breakfasts were plentiful.

Room Tip: There was a little travel noise, but nothing untoward I stayed in rooms facing the car park.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo

Thank you for your comments and feedback regarding your recent stay at Oswestry Premier Inn.
We are pleased you experienced good service and comfortable, clean rooms.
I will pass your feedback concerning restaurant to the General Manager.
We look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

Have stayed here a couple of times now,the rooms and bathrooms are allways spotlesss and offers real value for money. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. Good location for travelling around the area.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Lintel17

Thank you for your very kind comments regarding your recent stay at Oswestry Premier Inn.
Its great to hear we have achieved consistency regarding our rooms and service.
We look forward to your return very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oswestry
Travelodge Oswestry
#1 of 1 in Weston Rhyn
Sebastians Hotel
Sebastians Hotel
#4 of 6 in Oswestry

Been to Premier Inn Oswestry Hotel? Share your experiences!