“Lovely cake1”

Ranked #5 of 16 Restaurants in Much Wenlock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Popped in for tea and cake. Excellent choice - settled for Victoria Sponge and the Coffee & Walnut. Good americano coffee and decent pot of tea. Pieces of cake were massive, very light and very tasty. Service spot on. Cafe looks small from the outside but goes on and on at the back, including pleasant gardens.Mmain menu looked interesting and varied, will try that next time I am in the area. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank Shropshirelass56
There are newer reviews for The Copper Kettle

Reviewed June 19, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here whilst on a weeks holiday in Much Wenlock. The staff were friendly, the restaurant is beautifully decorated and immaculately clean. There are lots of different areas where you can eat including outside. I had Coronation Chicken in a pitta bread which was very tasty. The only criticism I had was that there was not very much of it. Having said that as most of the clientele are quite elderly the meal was probably adequate for most customers. I can see why The Copper Kettle is the most popular eating place in Much Wenlock.

Reviewed June 6, 2013

Having read about The Copper Kettle on Trip Advisor we stopped for morning coffee on our day out in Shropshire. The latte was piping hot but the filter coffees were warm only and I take mine black. The staff were amazed when we pointed this out!However we were served a second cup which was much hotter. We also ordered coffee and walnut cake and toasted tea cakes both of which were delicious.

1  Thank Carol E
Reviewed May 24, 2013

very deceiving as The Copper Kettle looks like a very small tea shop but its like a tardis goes on forever, it was very busy I think a meeting place for ladies clubs going by several conversations, despite it being busy we were served quickly I had a coffee and my partner had hot chocolate both very nice.

1  Thank joycemac
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We didn't try any of the cakes, which did look good, so can't comment on those. I had welsh rarebit, which was good, and my partner had a coachman's lunch, which was also good. Very simple food done quite well. Service was pretty good, and the tearooms were very busy with customers who all seemed quite happy. If you are passing through Much Wenlock and looking for a decent lunch and cup of tea then this is ideal.

2  Thank ABCiren