Hopton House Bed and Breakfast
Stokesay Inn(Craven Arms)
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewslemon drizzle cakethe barngranary roombreakfast roomlocal areagreat attention to detaileggs benedictshortbread biscuitsa super king size bedsparkling waterrain showerkaren's breakfastsfresh milkrelaxing stayfull englishsurrounding countrysidewonderful weekend
Reviewed October 27, 2009

There's not much I can add to the other fulsome and accurate reviews. A great welcome, beautiful surroundings, the little touches that all add up (the fruit cake, the fabulous bath and shower, the food, DVDs, CDs, local maps). And when you've savoured all of that there is the great countryside all around and some wonderful restaurants nearby. If you want to spend some time near Ludlow and enjoy this part of Shropshire and Powys then stay here. You will not find better without a long search.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2009

A beautiful peaceful setting, sweeping views, luxurious and spacious bedroom and bathroom, unbelievably comfortable bed, balcony overlooking the countryside, sounds of birds, cows and chickens, delicious breakfast, kind and generous hosts - we wished we could have stayed much longer.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2009

Jenny - thank you for taking the time to write a review. Sorry you couldn't stay for longer but hopefully you'll get the chance to come back at some time and explore South Shropshire a bit more. Karen

Reviewed September 6, 2009

This is certainly the best b and b we have stayed in, and so rare to find a 5* establishment which welcomes dogs. We have read the reviews and were not disappointed. The location was lovely and a good base to discover delightful Shropshire. We really appreciated all the extras and the homemade cake left for us was divine and was a nice midday snack after the lovely fresh breakfasts.
The barn room was ideal to stay in with our beloved dog and he was even left a jar of doggy treats!
Thank you for making our much needed break so enjoyable. We will definately return!!!!!!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2009

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a nice review of Hopton House. We're always pleased to welcome well behaved dogs to the B&B and all of our doggy guests seem to love the barn room :0). We hope to see you back here again soon.

Reviewed September 1, 2009

I originally bought a weekend break here for my mum and dad, but was so tempted by the look of the place, I decided to go myself! I was not disappointed! The location is perfect, surrounded by woods and fields, which creates a beautiful feeling of peace. All you can here is the birds tweeting and the hens clucking! The standard of accommodation is out of this world. It is cosy and traditionally romantic. Everything is thought of. The bathroom in the Paddock room is the best I have ever experienced-the biggest bath and shower ever! The toiletries and little treats provided are all locally sourced which is fantastic for the local area. Although I didn't do too much whilst I was in the area as I was on my own and it was a "chill break" for me, it was still ideal and there are some lovely drives in the area. The red kite farm is certainly recommended for a day out-you will never see that many wild red kites ever again I can guarantee. Karen works exceptionally hard and it pays off in her hospitality and all the little touches that make this place unique and so homely. The breakfast experience alone is fantastic and the home baking goes perfectly with a nice cup of tea!
All in all, I would highly recommend this place to anyone. It is so nice though, you don't even want to go out!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled solo
ShropshireLandlady, Owner at Hopton House Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2009

Thank you for taking the time to post review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and your visit over to see the red kites. Hopefully we'll see both you ( and your Mum & Dad ) again.
All the best

Reviewed August 13, 2009

Stayed in the Barn with my Mum for a girly break, exceptional accommodation with so many extras it was hard to leave and fabulous breakfast choice - the blueberry pancakes and maple syrup were divine. The outside space was amazing with the chickens and dogs and the perfect views. Karen is a lovely host and we thoughly recommend Hopton House.

• Stayed: August 2009

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review. I am glad you and your Mum enjoyed your stay. Mitsi is particularly keen on ladies so is always ready to provide a cuddle on request.
We hope to see you both again very soon